BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
Will this work with the Acuity Reverse Flow hoses?? people have seen some pretty good results with them
I have the reverse flow hoses with the street version (same external dims as the race spec) and they fit with no issues. Is it worth it? I don't have data to back it up but if you have the front end off, it can't hurt.

I also have the PRL charge pipes and they fit without rubbing. Unless you're chrarge pipes are cracking or you're running a bigger turbo I would skip these. No gains just a little more bypass valve noise.
Sponsored

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
From Cory at C&R:
"Thanks for reaching out regarding the radiator and intercooler for the Civic Type R. Do you drive the car on the street or is this mostly a track car? I ask because we have both street and track versions of the radiator on offer. The street version uses a 8.1mm fin height and costs $739, while the track version uses a 4.85mm fin height and costs $1,089. I would highly suggest using the street version if this is a car that sees a lot of street use with the occasional HPDE event. If it mostly sees the track, then the track version is more appropriate."
I am new to the CTR but quite experienced with tracking. Is there an issue with the stock radiator and street use? If not then is the street C&R radiator necessary? Is there an issue with street use and the race radiator?

I understand how the fin structure may require more airflow for better efficiency but can't the fans take care of this?

My point is that some of us street drive our cars but also track pretty hard. If the C&R street radiator doesn't have enough increased cooling ability to prevent limp mode for other than moderate track driving, then maybe the track radiator is the one to use but if it needs more airflow, do you need to use a vented hood to make it actually work?

Is sounds off hand that the street C&R radiator may be good if you are living in hot areas and spending a lot of time sitting in traffic but I would have thought, given that coolant temps seem to be the commonest cause of limp mode, that the track radiator would be the one to have unless it is so inefficient with low air speed that it overheats on the street. Would love to hear if this has happened to anyone. A better rad is first on my list of any mods for the car (other than adding negative camber)

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I am new to the CTR but quite experienced with tracking. Is there an issue with the stock radiator and street use? If not then is the street C&R radiator necessary? Is there an issue with street use and the race radiator?

I understand how the fin structure may require more airflow for better efficiency but can't the fans take care of this?

My point is that some of us street drive our cars but also track pretty hard. If the C&R street radiator doesn't have enough increased cooling ability to prevent limp mode for other than moderate track driving, then maybe the track radiator is the one to use but if it needs more airflow, do you need to use a vented hood to make it actually work?

Is sounds off hand that the street C&R radiator may be good if you are living in hot areas and spending a lot of time sitting in traffic but I would have thought, given that coolant temps seem to be the commonest cause of limp mode, that the track radiator would be the one to have unless it is so inefficient with low air speed that it overheats on the street. Would love to hear if this has happened to anyone. A better rad is first on my list of any mods for the car (other than adding negative camber)
I would definitely recommend the track radiator to anyone that tracks. I think this would be the more popular option given the high demand for cooling efficiency in our cars. The street rad would be better suited for canyon driving, auto X, drag, etc where you’re doing shorter runs at lower speeds. The track rad greatly benefits from increased airflow and even more so by having a vent above the turbo. Fans won’t help at speeds above ~35mph

ToofHurts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CW CTR
Country flag
I would definitely recommend the track radiator to anyone that tracks. I think this would be the more popular option given the high demand for cooling efficiency in our cars. The street rad would be better suited for canyon driving, auto X, drag, etc where you’re doing shorter runs at lower speeds. The track rad greatly benefits from increased airflow and even more so by having a vent above the turbo. Fans won’t help at speeds above ~35mph

Can the track rad work on the street for a DD that will see track use? Would it have issues in stop / go traffic ?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Can the track rad work on the street for a DD that will see track use? Would it have issues in stop / go traffic ?
The track rad hasn’t been an issue for me. I daily my vehicle and have sat in traffic at temps around 100F.

Dave B

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Corvette Z06 (sold) 2020 CW
Country flag
The track rad hasn’t been an issue for me. I daily my vehicle and have sat in traffic at temps around 100F.
That is excellent news. Given that cooling is such a big issue, you need to go big or go home. I don't really understand why you would want to have the street radiator if the car is not overheating there and most autocross runs aren't much longer than 60 seconds. I would have thought that the fans would help with low speed traffic congestion when airflow is far less than ideal for the race radiator.

I do notice that you have a vented hood though which has really got to help. Sure would hate to have the car overheat in traffic while being fine at the track.

BlinkerBeat

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 CTR, F80 M3, '16 Colorado Diesel, '65 Lincoln Continental
Country flag
I went with the street radiator bc I daily my CTR in Illinois and it sees sub zero temps

Last edited:

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I went with the street radiator bc I daily my CTR in Illinois and it awws sun zero temps
This is probably the reason why the street radiator exists, I really wouldn't know for sure though; it's just speculation.

EmanyoGG

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R- 00235 '17 Fk8 Civic Type R & '05 Ep3 Civic Si
Country flag
Got any idea when they will be releasing the intercooler for our car?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Got any idea when they will be releasing the intercooler for our car?
The intercooler is already available. Several users and myself included already have it :)

EmanyoGG

First Name
Emmanuel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
R- 00235 '17 Fk8 Civic Type R & '05 Ep3 Civic Si
Country flag
The intercooler is already available. Several users and myself included already have it :)
I'm in for the full suite. Thunderhill east was not kind to the car. 109 ambient Temps had me slowing down for quite some time. Will be in for the full package as results come through!

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I'm in for the full suite. Thunderhill east was not kind to the car. 109 ambient Temps had me slowing down for quite some time. Will be in for the full package as results come through!
Yea thunderhill can get really hot. Radiator and IC are available now. Dedicated oil cooler kit will be releasing soon. I have some initial data on the radiator and will be testing it more this coming weekend

Random

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R - Blue
Country flag
Had their intercooler installed last week which replaced the stock intercooler for me. Also, I'm stock and use my car for daily purposes. No real data. Only anecdotal experience that I do feel my car isn't heatsoaking like it did with the stock intercooler. With the C&R intercooler, my car is consistently holding power/boosting. It use to be sluggish after 15-20mins in hot weather (1-2 pulls). Now, it just feels like the car isn't restrained due to heatsoak and feels more free. So my car pulls longer and more consistent.

Note: Given that I haven't tried another intercooler, can't tell you how it compares to others.

jayevo23

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW CTR
Country flag
For those interested in the C&R intercooler, Cory told me that they'll have 5 intercoolers, well 4 now since I ordered mine, ready to ship on 9/2. He said 2-3 people have already expressed interest in the intercooler so they'll probably sell out quick.
Sponsored