First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hi again,

I thought it might be helpful to create a dedicated page to the C&R radiator. I know several members here including myself took the plunge and ordered them. I'll be sharing all of the data I have on it here on this thread and my build thread. Please feel free to share your experiences with the radiator if you have it and leave a comment if you have questions.

C&R/PWR background: "PWR provides world class cooling solutions by manufacturing high performance aluminium radiators, intercoolers and oil coolers for race cooling solutions to leading race categories and teams such as F1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters and World Rally Championship, PWR is recognised as a world leader when it comes to high performance cooling." C&R is one in the same with PWR. C&R is the stateside company and distributor for PWR. All C&R products are made with the same materials and specifications here in the USA.

There are two radiator options: street and track. The only difference between the two being fin height and amount of water tubes. 8.1mm fin height on the street and 4.85mm on the track. The total amount of water tubes is increased to 105 on the track which is an increase in 47%. This is ideal for track use because you can dissipate heat much quicker at high speeds with more fins and water tubes. Both radiators are 42mm thick with an all aluminum construction. No cutting or modifications needed.

C&R/PWR have a unique technology that separates them from other options on the market. They have louvered fins and a dimple core technology. The louvered fins help create more surface area for the air to contact. This increases cooling capability tremendously. To keep it simple, this overall creates a much more efficient cooling package and even more heat dissipation when compared to others on the market.

For ordering/inquiries please email [email protected] and let him know I sent you over.

My testimonial:

My first track day outing with the new " C&R track" radiator yielded some great results. I don't claim to be the fastest driver but I would consider myself faster than average. Enough to push the car to overheating essentially. I tried my hardest to get the car to overheat on a 104F track day here at Thunderhill West. It's a tight and technical track with a short straightaway. Top speed on this straight is anywhere from 90-100 MPH. With me pushing 10/10ths I wasn't able to get the car into limp mode. Coolant temperatures averaged around 230ish and peaked around 250 when behind traffic for a few laps. I hit 250F around halfway through my 20 minute session. I did 1 cool down lap and was on my way again for the rest of the session. Temps immediately fell to 190-200F. For such a hot day I was surprised I was able to keep consistently pushing and needing only 1 cool down lap. For reference, another CTR owner overheated within 3 laps while running 5 seconds slower in lap time. I might see even better temps by moving from the HKS IC to the C&R IC since it's thinner along with moving to a better tune. I ran the KTuner 1.1 tune which has really high low end torque. I suspect this tune created a ton of heat as some other users reported a decrease in top speed at Laguna Seca and Thunder Hill East 3 Mile. I'll be installing the new IC as well as flashing back to the KTuner Stage 1 dampened torque tune to see if it helps.

Street data might also be helpful here as I see ECT 2 consistently sit at 5-10F above ambient temperatures. I have a 30 minute commute to work mainly highway roughly traveling 65-75 mph. I had a few buddies try to create a similar scenario and they saw ECT 2 temps 30-40F above ambient. Not completely scientific here but kinda illustrates the efficiency of this radiator.

I know we can't use this one track day as solid proof, but so far the results are extremely promising. Stay tuned for more data regarding this radiator as I continue to track it.

Your results may vary! There are other things that will play a role into the cooling solution such as intercooler, tune, venting, oil cooling, etc. I've seen it time and time again people are recommending these huge intercoolers that block crucial air to the radiator. You're most likely better of staying with the stock IC. Per C&R, no larger than an 87mm IC core is recommended. For those interested, I will be creating another thread for their intercooler.

Here are pictures of my track radiator I received from PWR.

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing cQwa7fb

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing Zo02xsE

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing Dq7seTB

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing xuzTBr9

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing tIDVq9x

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing bR6hEf5

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Radiator Feedback and Testing uLl89xq

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thank you for this Michael. I’m scheduled for Streets of Willow Saturday August 22. Should be a hot day, so looking forward to testing the cooling mods. SOW is also a slower speed track with lots of turns, so should be a good test.

PWR Race radiator here also.

Petrolicious

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 2019 Lexus RX 350 F Sport, 2017 Golf R
Country flag
Any idea If this will fit for those that have HKS intercooler piping already installed?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Any idea If this will fit for those that have HKS intercooler piping already installed?
Not without modification or moving the radiator roughly 3/4” forward. I was able to move the radiator slightly forward but it no longer sits in the grommet it’s supposed to. I’m actually reverting back to stock IC hoses and C&R intercooler to avoid this. The trouble area is the “hot” side silicone coupler touching the radiator fan bracket.

You can also try trimming the bracket a bit to add clearance. I think this is also required on the Koyorads

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Not without modification or moving the radiator roughly 3/4” forward. I was able to move the radiator slightly forward but it no longer sits in the grommet it’s supposed to. I’m actually reverting back to stock IC hoses and C&R intercooler to avoid this. The trouble area is the “hot” side silicone coupler touching the radiator fan bracket.

You can also try trimming the bracket a bit to add clearance. I think this is also required on the Koyorads
FWIW: The Koyorad requires zero cutting or trimming while using the PRL piping.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
FWIW: The Koyorad requires zero cutting or trimming while using the PRL piping.
Yea the PRL piping is close to stock whereas the HKS piping is not.

tru.fk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R, 2005 S2000, 1997 NSX
Country flag
Does any one know the fitment of koyo rad with mishimoto intercooler kit?

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
can anyone explain the street vs race radiators.. and why would anyone get the lesser of the two?
From Cory at C&R:
"Thanks for reaching out regarding the radiator and intercooler for the Civic Type R. Do you drive the car on the street or is this mostly a track car? I ask because we have both street and track versions of the radiator on offer. The street version uses a 8.1mm fin height and costs $739, while the track version uses a 4.85mm fin height and costs $1,089. I would highly suggest using the street version if this is a car that sees a lot of street use with the occasional HPDE event. If it mostly sees the track, then the track version is more appropriate."

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Essentially the track radiator is more dense with fins... meaning it needs more airflow to stay "cool". Stop and go traffic could heatsoak the track radiator.

ThorSellsCars

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CW CTR, 2019 Honda Civic EX 1.5T (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Will this work with the Acuity Reverse Flow hoses?? people have seen some pretty good results with them

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
Will this work with the Acuity Reverse Flow hoses?? people have seen some pretty good results with them
@fatherpain is running the Acuity hoses. I asked Cory if it was recommended to run them, and he was unfamiliar with the concept and said he'd get back to me.

@Lust are you running reverse flow hoses?

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
can anyone explain the street vs race radiators.. and why would anyone get the lesser of the two?
Check around the middle of my post and I explain it there. TLDR; the track version is more dense. This is good for extracting more heat but you need more airflow. Street radiator would be good for someone that does aggressive street driving or back roads here and there.

Yes they’re compatible.

@fatherpain is running the Acuity hoses. I asked Cory if it was recommended to run them, and he was unfamiliar with the concept and said he'd get back to me.

@Lust are you running reverse flow hoses?
I’m not, I wasn’t fully sold on them.
Sponsored