REDRAGN

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
In all honesty I feel like a connoisseur of tires, so many brands out there to try out. So far, tires ive driven on include

1. OEM Contis
2. Federal 595 RS Pro
3. Falken RT615K
4. Yokohama Advan Apex
5. Falken RT660
6. Kumho V730 (next)
7. Nankang CRS (next)

So far the best bang for the buck were the Federals, they were less than $600 and ok for stickiness. The 615k and the Advan Apex were about the same in terms of grip, and both priced fairly well. The 660s are the best out of the bunch but also the most expensive at $1200. Very much looking forward to the Nankang CRS hopefully next year. The V730s should serve me well for quite some time I hope.

my next goal is to address some of the engine bay temps by wrapping a bunch of stuff and then potentially upgrading the radiator again to see if there is a discernable benefit from the Koyo to whatever else.

Im not certain im 100% sold on the PWR at this point in time. It sounds like even with the PWR high coolant temps are still a thing, but its ability to bleed off heat and allow for you to get back into it seems to be where it shines? This is per Noah Gaither.

@fatherpain , im interested to see if this is your observation as well. Are you willing to see if this is what you experience at Chuckwalla with Sam? Curious to see how quickly your temps drop during a cooldown lap.

@REDRAGN said the same thing with his temps at COTA with the @Mishimoto radiator. Im actually interested in checking it out more because of that. Ive emailed Mishimoto a couple times to get more information on their radiator design and the fin design but both have gone unanswered.
I think most CTR track focused drivers with any type of serious performance tune are having coolant issues even with all cooling mods. Like was mentioned, the benefit is that it rarely gets hot enough to trigger a full-blown limp mode and cools off fast!

Maybe @Jason@DASHautosports can chime in on the @Mishimoto radiator design as he works with them lots!

Of course I just blew my head gasket at COTA so theres that! Time for a rebuild and even more power and I'll be adding those @fatherpain DREAM hard lag parts while its apart.
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Ouch sorry to hear about the need for a rebuild.

Yes, highly recommend the Dream Hard lagged cooling offerings. Pretty certain they would help. Especially having it on the DP, Turbo and OEM water pipe. The turbo oil return clamshell probably helps also, but not as much as those other (3) items.

Do you have the PWR or C&R race radiator already?

Of course I just blew my head gasket at COTA so theres that! Time for a rebuild and even more power and I'll be adding those @fatherpain DREAM hard lag parts while its apart.

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
Ouch sorry to hear about the need for a rebuild.

Yes, highly recommend the Dream Hard lagged cooling offerings. Pretty certain they would help. Especially having it on the DP, Turbo and OEM water pipe. The turbo oil return clamshell probably helps also, but not as much as those other (3) items.

Do you have the PWR or C&R race radiator already?
hes on mishimoto

AlphaDigital

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic
Country flag
I think the Nankings are almost identical to the A052s I.e. fast for a short time, soft sidewall and not much heat resistance. For HPDE or lapping you are much better off with Hankook RS4s or if are willing to change wheels at the track, Nitto NT01s. There is a reason most endurance racers use the RS4
A lot of what ive heard from people using them seem to coincide with what a lot of reviews say. Nearly the same amount of speed but without the greasy issues after 4 laps and shorter lifespan. Take it for what its worth I guess.

Maximum6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 2005, Type R 2019
Country flag
You can get a water temp readout from Torque Pro, TunerView, etc. I use Torque Pro with a Bluetooth OBD2 adapter and can setup gauges on my phone. IAT is also a helpful one you can get. No oil temp or pressure available though.

Edit: just for full disclosure - this readout is not as accurate/doesn't refresh as fast as a dedicated gauge, but it's better than nothing.
I use a direct connect, no Bluetooth or WiFi dongles
Sponsored