Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Alright guys, I spoke to Cory this morning and he said they’re looking at multiple mounting options for the 2020 models. Now I’d like to gauge interest on preferred locations of owners of the 2020 model. Where would you like to see the oil cooler placed?

They have a few locations in mind already so stay tuned 2020 owners :)

Also, C&R are developing several other oil cooler options in general.

Taking a poll here:

How many would be interested in an upgraded oil cooler core option for existing HKS oil cooler kits?

How many would be interested in a dedicated kit? Or just flat out upgrade from USR, GReddy, HKS?
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’d consider an upgraded core if compatible with the HKS oil cooler.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I’d consider an upgraded core if compatible with the HKS oil cooler.
Yes it will be 100% bolt on. They’re 3D scanning the HKS unit as we speak :)

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
How many would be interested in an upgraded oil cooler core option for existing HKS oil cooler kits?

How many would be interested in a dedicated kit? Or just flat out upgrade from USR, GReddy, HKS?
I run the HKS, so a retro-fit option is really interesting. I also know that Racebred's splitter will work with it, as mentioned.

That being said, I'm still open to a redesign if it adds additional functionality, and retains great form.

I guess I'm in for either option? :hmm:

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
For the 2020, I'm going to go with the front grille area. After seeing Ipeefreely's build, I don't think the oil cooler will block that much flow to the radiator. If not, then near the front right fog light is alright but as we've discussed in the thread before, something's going to have to be done with the windshield washer reservoir to increase flow.

metal_driver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 TSX (Euro-R mods), 2009 Acura TSX, 2008 MDX, 2011 Shelby GT500, 2018 Type R, 2020 MDX A-Spec
Country flag
Alright guys, I spoke to Cory this morning and he said they’re looking at multiple mounting options for the 2020 models. Now I’d like to gauge interest on preferred locations of owners of the 2020 model. Where would you like to see the oil cooler placed?

They have a few locations in mind already so stay tuned 2020 owners :)

Also, C&R are developing several other oil cooler options in general.

Taking a poll here:

Micheal, this is awesome. Thank you for doing this. I'm sure you should get interest from those who have the HKS oil cooler already installed, as well as those who have 2020 models and are looking for an oil cooler option..

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
+1 for HKS core replacement. Unless there is a significant gain from a dedicated kit that mounts it in a different area and has data to back up the change in location then I may reconsider. Cheers for pushing for this!

b2point0h

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R, 2006 v8 4x4 4Runner
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
+1 for HKS upgrade

lestat2369

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR/GTR/MX5
Country flag
Damn, just bought a Sirimoto oil cooler. I bought the street radiator and intercooler from Cory at C&R so I can attest to their quality. From what I know, the Honda sensing module is located in the front left fog light shroud for us 2020 CTR owners so dealing with that might be an issue.
How do you like the sirimoto cooler? was the install easy?

parkthetiger

First Name
Roy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW Civic Type R
Country flag
How do you like the sirimoto cooler? was the install easy?
I returned it the day after Lust posted this thread, lol. Never even installed it. From a glance, all the components look well made though. Going to wait and go with a C&R dedicated kit
Sponsored