First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Hey all,

I’ve been working with Cory with C&R who is the US company associated with PWR. Short backstory is they provide high end cooling components for Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, and more. We are looking for a loaner vehicle in the Indiana area that would be willing to drop off their car for a few days to develop a complete oil cooler kit. This kit will be better than everything else on the market. Several serious track enthusiast and myself included have found that the current options on the market do not provide sufficient cooling for even lightly modified applications.

After getting info from C&R, it looks like there will technically be 4 oil cooler options potentially coming to the market. Stay tuned.

Please reach out to me via PM if you’re interested or drop a comment if you have questions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BlueFalcon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last: 19 ABM FK8 - Now: 21 SGP FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
This is exciting- I'm waiting on both the Race Radiator and CAC right now. Should be shipping any day, hopefully. I've been keeping up with the news on the FB group too.

Wondering about the design- I spoke with Racebred recently, and they are R&D'ing the front splitter kit to include a bracket design using the crash beam and chassis mount. According to Racebred, it will fit without modification to the HKS oil cooler side-mount.

It might be worth mentioning to C&R that any potential design take this into consideration. I'm sure many people will be interested in the Racebred components, and no one likes having to start cutting holes in their expensive pieces to fit new stuff. Would be nice to see all the parts and pieces play nice together.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Will they be developing with the 2020 in mind?
I can send them info if anyone with a 2020 is willing to share. I have a 2019 and I assume that the donor car would be a 17-19 unless someone with a 2020 loans their car.

Sleepy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘20 CW
Country flag
I can send them info if anyone with a 2020 is willing to share. I have a 2019 and I assume that the donor car would be a 17-19 unless someone with a 2020 loans their car.
Hopefully this happens, it’s the only reason I haven’t purchased one yet myself. I’m waiting for one to come to the market. Thanks for the response.

First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R - FK8
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Hey all,

I’ve been working with Cory with C&R who is the US company associated with PWR. Short backstory is they provide high end cooling components for Formula 1, NASCAR, V8 Supercars, and more. We are looking for a loaner vehicle in the Indiana area that would be willing to drop off their car for a few days to develop a complete oil cooler kit. This kit will be better than everything else on the market. Several serious track enthusiast and myself included have found that the current options on the market do not provide sufficient cooling for even lightly modified applications.

Please reach out to me via PM if you’re interested or drop a comment if you have questions.
Very curious to see what comes out of this. Running the HKS oil cooler at the moment and it seems to do the job well. Please keep us updated on this :)

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Very curious to see what comes out of this. Running the HKS oil cooler at the moment and it seems to do the job well. Please keep us updated on this :)
I am running the HKS currently as well but unfortunately with bolt ons, doesn’t provide enough cooling. They are creating an upgraded core for those that have the HKS if you choose to upgrade the core but want to keep the brackets, lines, and sandwich mount.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
any oil temp data to back up claims of the other competitors oil coolers being over run?
A friend of mine saw temps in excess of 280-290F on track.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SGP Civic Type R, Audi Q5
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
A friend of mine saw temps in excess of 280-290F on track.
Lol, i didnt think so. Will be waiting for actual data.

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
If the coolant is over heating the oil will over heat. Show us where a car isnt over heating but the oil is.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
If the coolant is over heating the oil will over heat. Show us where a car isnt over heating but the oil is.
You asked for data and then said “will wait for actual data” so I’m a bit confused....

A couple of NorCal CTR track guys, whom are personal friends, have told me they’ve seen oil temps reach 290F. Way too hot.

Another NorCal CTR owner(Baxi), that has the HKS unit sees temps around 255F but on E25. Still on the warm side.

If you look at the size and specs of the HKS unit and others on the market, it makes sense that it can’t cool cars with added power.

If you want to talk about coolant temps that’s a whole other topic.

But I guess you’re still “waiting for real data”

turbociv910

First Name
taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
You asked for data and then said “will wait for actual data” so I’m a bit confused....

A couple of NorCal CTR track guys, whom are personal friends, have told me they’ve seen oil temps reach 290F. Way too hot.

Another NorCal CTR owner(Baxi), that has the HKS unit sees temps around 255F but on E25. Still on the warm side.

If you look at the size and specs of the HKS unit and others on the market, it makes sense that it can’t cool cars with added power.

If you want to talk about coolant temps that’s a whole other topic.

But I guess you’re still “waiting for real data”
Funny you "dig" at a potential customer asking for data. Any company making big claims to make a product to fix an issue should supply data proving the results. Your buddies word' only confirms his car over heats(most likely what we know, from the small core size Honda used in the radiators) not that his oil cooler is too small.

An oil cooler is needed, yes. No doubt about that.
Sponsored