C&R/PWR Oil Cooler Kit Development

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
any updates or ETA on release date
I spoke with Cory Tuesday. They have the donor car and are working on it. I ordered the HKS replacement core, which they have a handful ready to ship for anyone looking for this replacement as well.
Sponsored

fatherpain

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR - CW, 1996 Honda Accord EX coupe
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice. Here’s a link to a DIY walkthrough for the HKS oil cooler and C&R core upgrade if anyone is interested. I initially encountered some fitment issues, but C&R took good care of me and the adjustments should already apply to all future cores :)

FK8Twigs

First Name
Albert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic
Country flag
Haven't EU spec CTRs always had Honda sensing, maybe it's worth checking out how they're dealing with the mounting location issue?
Fwiw I'd rather not have anymore blockage to the rad than already exists. And I definitely wouldn't want to introduce the chance for anything to leak onto the road by going with a bag for the washer fluid (had they moved it to the passenger side). So I'd +1 C&R's decision to keep it in the usual location, but being a 2019 owner I can't say I'm not biased. The fact that it promises to outperform competitors' kits while requiring less modification to fit is just icing on the cake. Can't wait for the finished product!

forrestbb

First Name
Forrest
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 RR CTR, Civic SI-2008 sedan
Country flag
Thanks man. Though I still consider myself a beginner, this will be my 5th outing and 2nd on SOW. Will likely attempt intermediate this time.

8BE2EA4E-D327-4432-80EB-8D6A54400A9F.png

That said, Rosamond promises to be baking and a good test for the upgraded cooling system....Even for a slowpoke like me, ?

There will also be several other Type R’s there with different set ups, so will be interesting to see how all of our cars hold up. Will definitely report back.

Lead time on the C&R core is at least (3) weeks, so no chance it will be installed in time...

Have several other mods to do first, anyways... unless the car overheats, then it would move to the front of the line.

C5FD8671-5A8F-46D7-897D-C2ADBEF8F964.jpeg

Car is not currently tuned, so am driving blind. However, will be adding this soon. Still need to purchase a laptop and determine who to take it to for the tune.

In hindsight it would have been cool to tune first, so could scientifically see the effect each mod had as they went on.
[/QUOTE

Hi Fatherpai,
well you outdid yourself with the Motec:

You should expect up to 400hp.
sounds like from their tune shop Motec has beat kit Ed and hondata at least onincrease in hp/torque with no loss of rim feature/functions.
the only breaker is at $6000.00 price point.
I have to keep it on my build wish list.
cheers

Blazindominican

First Name
Blazin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Eclipse GSX, 10 CRV AWD, 21 CTR, 23 MT-10 SP
Country flag
If a cooler gets developed for the 20/21 that doesn't require loss of Honda sensing or windshield wiper im in for the group buy. Im currently bone stock so i don't have a cooler this will be replacing. I dont mind relocating the Horn as someone stated earlier, maybe they can figure out a good place to relocated it to while everythings apart for us.

Im hoping to also grab their intercooler (and get PRL pipes) and hopefully do all the work in one shot so im not constantly taking my bumper off.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Any update on the oil cooler? It’s been over 6 months since last update
Things have been difficult due to covid. Last update I got from Cory was that PWR in Australia will be helping with development. No rough ETA at this time

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
The problem of overheating is so persistent, it seems like it would be best to do everything that could be done. That is, my wish list would be:
dual oil coolers with shrouding that dumps the air into the wheel wells after it passes through the oil coolers
This may be a silly question, but at what rate does oil get cycled through the coolers? Does an additional oil pump need to be added?
I think the best way to test would be to bring a cooling modified and a stock car to a race track and have a professional driver drive both with temperature logging.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
probably no update since this was posted yesterday

1630857201210.png
I haven't followed up with Cory in a while and last I heard he wasn't with C&R anymore. The last thing he told me was that they were swamped and were passing it onto PWR (Australia) to finish the development.

17RGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Type R
Country flag
I haven't followed up with Cory in a while and last I heard he wasn't with C&R anymore. The last thing he told me was that they were swamped and were passing it onto PWR (Australia) to finish the development.
All true. I speak with Cory quite a bit since he left C&R a couple months back. This kit “if” it gets made, will come out of Australia.

.grimace

First Name
Byron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda CTR, 2022 Range Rover , 1990 CRX SI
Country flag
@Lust i probably missed it but what’s the core upgrade part #? I know my greddy one is a POS and want to try this one.
Sponsored