2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag

flixman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Type R - Black
Country flag
had a prl fmic and swapped to c&r. Using it with the prl charge pipes.
i like to first say i had no issues with the PRL but wanted to try something new and move onto a tube and fin. Judging by how good their radiator technology was, i had no doubts that their intercooler would be just as good.

dimension wise, it’s basically the same with the c&r weighing about 5lbs lighter.

I haven’t driven much on it so I don’t have too much data yet. With my limited driving, I noticed about 15 deg cooler ect2 with the C&R so i have no doubt it flows more to the back. Shreds heat moment the car moves and the end IAT was about the same as the PRL. Not sure how this will translate to on track performances or after multiple pulls yet.

Need to gather more data but so far it's good. It is however, quite a bit more expensive than a PRL.

3hcVPJu.jpg

HWijWU2.jpg

A4URnUZ.jpg

UMbIQuK.jpg
so your temps were 15 degrees lower with the C&R compare to the PRL unit?

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
What makes you say that? That’s more of an apples to oranges comparison
Just from reading of your review and 27won Blog about the intercooler same tube and fin design and they didn't go overly huge on the overall size also their design considerations. check it on their website and let us know what you think about it. I haven't pulled the plug on IC yet and still doing my research base of people's experience and manufacturers design. so Far I narrowed it down to 27won, wagner-tuning, and This.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
so your temps were 15 degrees lower with the C&R compare to the PRL unit?
My ect2 was yes. But I need to do more driving in different temps to get a more accurate data. I haven’t driven too much with the C&R yet.
Just from reading of your review and 27won Blog about the intercooler same tube and fin design and they didn't go overly huge on the overall size also their design considerations. check it on their website and let us know what you think about it. I haven't pulled the plug on IC yet and still doing my research base of people's experience and manufacturers design. so Far I narrowed it down to 27won, wagner-tuning, and This.
27 won is a bar and plate.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
had a prl fmic and swapped to c&r. Using it with the prl charge pipes.
i like to first say i had no issues with the PRL but wanted to try something new and move onto a tube and fin. Judging by how good their radiator technology was, i had no doubts that their intercooler would be just as good.

dimension wise, it’s basically the same with the c&r weighing about 5lbs lighter.

I haven’t driven much on it so I don’t have too much data yet. With my limited driving, I noticed about 15 deg cooler ect2 with the C&R so i have no doubt it flows more to the back. Shreds heat moment the car moves and the end IAT was about the same as the PRL. Not sure how this will translate to on track performances or after multiple pulls yet.

Need to gather more data but so far it's good. It is however, quite a bit more expensive than a PRL.

3hcVPJu.jpg

HWijWU2.jpg

A4URnUZ.jpg

UMbIQuK.jpg
I will definitely be going with this setup.

201FK8

First Name
VINZ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVIC TYPE R FK8, CRX SI 87', MAZDA 3 14'
Country flag
My ect2 was yes. But I need to do more driving in different temps to get a more accurate data. I haven’t driven too much with the C&R yet.

27 won is a bar and plate.
Thank you for the correction! I read that part wrong.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Cory said that the intercoolers will be coming onto the website soon and production is about 3-4 weeks out. They do have a black powder coated unit in stock if anyone is interested and it is discounted because it had some bent fins repaired. They're looking for 850 on this plus shipping. Cory said to also email him for the time being until the units are on the website and to mention a discount for shipping.

Last edited:

IdNoe

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 FK8
Country flag
Cory said that the intercoolers will be coming onto the website soon and production is about 3-4 weeks out. They do have a black powder coated unit in stock if anyone is interested and it is discounted because it had some bent fins repaired. They're looking for 850 on this plus shipping. Cory said to also email him for the time being until the units are on the website and to mention a discount for shipping.
I would suggest emailing Cory as the other people there at the company will forget about you and give your order to someone else after taking your money lol, place the order for C & R intercooler and radiator end of July as they said had 4 in stock ready for start of August and they finally ship mine out last Friday. Told them I’ll take the black intercooler but they wouldn’t sell it too me and now they want to sell it. So email Cory if you don’t want to play the waiting game.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Cory was a lot of help. I emailed Cory, and he gave me his number so i can place an order and ask him some questions regarding the street/track radiator.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
I would suggest emailing Cory as the other people there at the company will forget about you and give your order to someone else after taking your money lol, place the order for C & R intercooler and radiator end of July as they said had 4 in stock ready for start of August and they finally ship mine out last Friday. Told them I’ll take the black intercooler but they wouldn’t sell it too me and now they want to sell it. So email Cory if you don’t want to play the waiting game.
That's unfortunate. I've only dealt with Cory and he's been great.

ImTheStatMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Forester XT
Country flag
I had a similar issue to this. Everything worked out, just mildly annoying and messed up my timeframe a bit.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
Since I am doing data logging for my current e-tune through IMW, I thought I'd share some IAT data.

IAT1 temps were observed at 102F at the start of the pull at 2k RPM and steadily decreased down to 93F at redline. IAT2 was consistent at around 80F.
Ambient temperature is 72F with 52% humidity here in smokey California.
This combo of tune + intercooler really shoved me in my seat and the car makes boost extremely fast and it hits hard. Definitely will need to de-tune this for track work. Peak boost hit around 3,600 RPM at nearly 27-28PSI and tapered off to 24-25PSI around redline.

Centripetal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 RSX Type S, 2017 Civic Type R
Country flag
Thanks for posting these. This is exactly what I wanted to see. This isn't the typical tube-fin design. The tubes look like they have a decent amount of material, which could be beneficial to cooling the charge air. In addition, cooling the charge air after the vehicle reduces speed.

OP
OP
Lust

Lust

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Champ White Type R
Country flag
More data logging today.
Peak IAT at the start of 3rd get WOT pull was 102F
IAT observed at redline was 89F
IAT 2 observed around 77F +/- 4F
Ambient temperature was 67F
Pull was taken after a 30 minute drive on the freeway from commuting home.

Honda Civic 10th gen C&R/PWR Billet Intercooler WOT 3rd
Sponsored