C&D - Lightning lap 2018 : Civic Type R (With Video)

Boostedomega

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type R, Civic RS sport.
Country flag
This is getting a little out of hand. Absolutely stock vs. stock is a little meaningless anyway. All track day driven cars have a little prep: alignment, brake pads, tires. So then the question is, at that level of prep, what's faster? This can be seen if you go to just a few track days and watch the advanced groups closely enough to know who is 3 seconds off a pro and who is only 1 second off a pro. Compare that second set of drivers. The CTR is probably about 2 seconds slower around a 2 minute track than the M2, from what I've seen, which is impressive given the power difference.

Ring times are fun to watch and argue about, and they represent more data than nothing, but most of the time it's not apples to apples. The closest thing to an apples to apples comparison is the German magazine sport auto, since it's independent, often they use the same driver, and I think they make sure the car is stock. They tested both cars and got 8:01, the same time. I wonder if the stability of the CTR on the long high speed stretches helped!

27882763419_4f0d5849b5_o.jpg
You guys do know there are numerous videos on youtube with amateur drivers pulling a time close to 7:45, right?
Sponsored

wishistillhadmyITR

First Name
d
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F87 M2 (former 00' EBP Si, PYITR 0081, Evo VIII, IX, 15' WRX STi, Focus RS))
Country flag
I don't get the M2 love - its heavy and almost universally chastised for still having numb steering. An E36 it is not - too heavy, doesn't communicate back to you, even if it might have brute force from the engine department. I've not blinked once at BMWs for years now - they seem to be full of silly gimmicks like hand gesture controls - vs. focusing on the driving experience.
Have you driven one or are you just quoting what you’ve read? There’s not much to “get” if you’re just quoting things.

Last edited:

SBD47

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Honda CR-V
Country flag
Should’ve ran it with Pilot Sport Cup 2s. Would’ve been even better.
Sponsored