TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R 2017, Kia Optima Sportswagon GT 2017
Country flag
I have this buzzing sound when depressing the clutch pedal at high rpm. No gear shifting, only putting the clutch pedal to the floor.
In the last part of the video i'm holding the clutch pedal down and i'm reving the engine.
As you can see, when in gear I don't have this sound.

Any thoughts?

Sponsored

RallyeX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Hatch
Country flag
I typically hear this when shifting between 3500 and 4k rpms as well as randomly in the higher end of the rev counter. ive chalked it up to a small rattling of either the undercar shielding or interior plastics. It is definitely nothing harmful or to do with the drivetrain itself. this makes sense to me as ive had to tweak alot of plastics to keep the rattling to a minimum. Such as the passenger sunvisor, the cluster trim panel, the center hvac vent surround and other small things i am forgetting.

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
I have this buzzing sound when depressing the clutch pedal at high rpm. No gear shifting, only putting the clutch pedal to the floor.
In the last part of the video i'm holding the clutch pedal down and i'm reving the engine.

Any thoughts?

I have just finished my break-in period and pushed the car hard a few times. This also happened to me over 5k rpm. Had to dig out this old thread and found anyone with similar situation. Have you revolved the issue OP?

OP
OP
TheBigG

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I have just finished my break-in period and pushed the car hard a few times. This also happened to me over 5k rpm. Had to dig out this old thread and found anyone with similar situation. Have you revolved the issue OP?
Nope! I'm waiting for the first service (in arround 30-35 days)
I foud that this sound comes when you rev the engine past 4500-5000 rpm. When parked, the car won't allow you to rev above 4000 rpm but if you drive (15 mph it should be enouhg) and put it in neutral you will be able to rev it to 7000 rpm and then you will hear it clear.

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Nope! I'm waiting for the first service (in arround 30-35 days)
I foud that this sound comes when you rev the engine past 4500-5000 rpm. When parked, the car won't allow you to rev above 4000 rpm but if you drive (15 mph it should be enouhg) and put it in neutral you will be able to rev it to 7000 rpm and then you will hear it clear.
I tried as you said yesterday and the vibration came up every time over 4500 RPM. Definitely an issue to be looked at. I will bring the car in dealer in a couple of weeks.

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag

Any thoughts?

OP I took my car in for diagnose, the technician took the all day but still not sure what the root cause is. At the end he put some insulation around where he thinks might be the vibrating source. It does reduce to a lower level but it's definitely still there. I might bring the car in again for second diagnose.

Fk8 4343

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic Type R, 17' CR-V Touring
OP I took my car in for diagnose, the technician took the all day but still not sure what the root cause is. At the end he put some insulation around where he thinks might be the vibrating source. It does reduce to a lower level but it's definitely still there. I might bring the car in again for second diagnose.
Where did the tech think the sound was coming from?

OP
OP
TheBigG

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I've booked the service for 20th of sept. I'll see what they will find...

I don't think it is clutch related.
The problem is that you can reproduce it only when car is roling because that stupid rev limiter when the car is parked.

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
It could be the turbo actuator rod. That's been the issue with a few lads over here. It vibrates on certain revs as its looser than it should be.

Been replaced under warranty

Tell your techies to check it!

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
It could be the turbo actuator rod. That's been the issue with a few lads over here. It vibrates on certain revs as its looser than it should be.

Been replaced under warranty

Tell your techies to check it!
Sean, thanks for your info. Did you replace the entire turbo assembly or just the rod? What was it loosen from?
I am bringing my car in again this week to the tech so hoping to give him a more detailed direction.

Chris60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 - EK3
Country flag
Hi guys,

I do have the same symptoms on my car: a buzzing sound and vibration in the clutch pedal while the engine is revving around 5K rpm with the clutch pedal pressed, excatly as shown in the video of this thread. A technical issue was opened by my dealer a couple of months ago but they don't seem to be very reactive...

Have you had any feedback or repairs on your side ? Is it caused by the turbo actuator rod for everyone ?

Thanks

BTW, do I have to present myself somewhere on this forum ?

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Hi guys,

I do have the same symptoms on my car: a buzzing sound and vibration in the clutch pedal while the engine is revving around 5K rpm with the clutch pedal pressed, excatly as shown in the video of this thread. A technical issue was opened by my dealer a couple of months ago but they don't seem to be very reactive...

Have you had any feedback or repairs on your side ? Is it caused by the turbo actuator rod for everyone ?

Thanks

BTW, do I have to present myself somewhere on this forum ?
I went to the dealer twice for this issue. The first time they put some padding around “the area” and it slightly reduced the noise/vibration. I couldn’t know where “the area” is because my advisor didn’t know either and didnt bother to find out for me.

The second time they claimed they test drove another Brand new Type R from the lot by 2 top mechanics. They both agreed it’s normal and told me the brand new Type R is even louder on that issue than mine.

And that’s that. Didn’t really bother to dig it further. Still bothers me sometimes.

OP
OP
TheBigG

TheBigG

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Thay had the car for one and a half day and still no ideea where the sound is coming from. The dealer want the car for a longer period. Right now I need the car every day so I will wait until the motorcycle season will open again and than I'll let the try again...
The car is working fine.

haojohn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R PMM
Country flag
Thay had the car for one and a half day and still no ideea where the sound is coming from. The dealer want the car for a longer period. Right now I need the car every day so I will wait until the motorcycle season will open again and than I'll let the try again...
The car is working fine.
Hey man thanks for the update. I am just too lazy to find another dealer to look at. All the sounds come from around 5000rpm so I just avoid that range for now.
Sponsored