Buzzing sound when accelerating

abstrack702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda accord
Country flag
Let my friend test drive my car a few days ago did a couple pulls on the freeway late night. On the way home noticed a buzzing sound now. Anyone have a clue what it could possibly be

moonrobin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CW
Country flag
Could be the tweeter, common issue with FK8s apparently. Simple fix is to pop it off and apply a layer of electrical tape to cushion it.

OP
OP

abstrack702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda accord
Country flag
I will check it out thanks. the noise only pops up during acceleration. after awhile it gets lower to a point you can barely hear it.

CTRDre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Honda Civic Type R #38346
Country flag
Let my friend test drive my car a few days ago did a couple pulls on the freeway late night. On the way home noticed a buzzing sound now. Anyone have a clue what it could possibly be
My 2021 makes the same noise. I dont think the noise is coming from inside the cabin though.. If it was, you would think it wouldn't matter if the car was accelerating or decelerating.. I agree with OP.. I only hear that noise when Im on throttle.. even if it's only 1% throttle, that buzz is audible.

Hacklespur

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
My 2021 with less than 2k miles also makes this noise. There are a number of other threads about "buzz/whirring/a tattoo gun" sound but this post is the closest to the sound I hear.

AC on/off doesn't matter, radio on/off doesn't matter, the car warmed up does make it slightly less audible, it's not a dash or speaker vibration.

It almost sounds like an alternator whine, but I'm pretty sure mine has always sounded like this. I'd like to know if anyone else has fixed this issue, or if this is just a quirk of the car.

OP
OP

abstrack702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda accord
Country flag
My 2021 with less than 2k miles also makes this noise. There are a number of other threads about "buzz/whirring/a tattoo gun" sound but this post is the closest to the sound I hear.

AC on/off doesn't matter, radio on/off doesn't matter, the car warmed up does make it slightly less audible, it's not a dash or speaker vibration.

It almost sounds like an alternator whine, but I'm pretty sure mine has always sounded like this. I'd like to know if anyone else has fixed this issue, or if this is just a quirk of the car.

as of now mine still has not been fixed. I have learned to live with it and will until/if I ever get a check engine light.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Ironically enough, I started getting a vibration while idling at higher RPMs after installing my strut bar and brake master cylinder brace. I can actually feel it in the clutch pedal too. I think it could be the resonance/sound/movement in the motor or transmission being transferred over to the body. Note that I didn't have this before the strut bar was installed.

TechMechanic

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sonic Gray Pearl Civic Type-R
Country flag
I thought this buzz sound was from the headliner. I have a buzz/high pitched rattle in my 2021 w/ <1500 miles. Drives me nuts.

Sendit

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type-R
Country flag
Reviving this thread, not sure if anyone has gotten it fixed? I just picked up a used 2021 and noticed this sound today. It's really faint and only when i am on the gas pedal. Once i lift it is gone. So strange...

OP
OP

abstrack702

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 honda accord
Country flag
Reviving this thread, not sure if anyone has gotten it fixed? I just picked up a used 2021 and noticed this sound today. It's really faint and only when i am on the gas pedal. Once i lift it is gone. So strange...
I never found out what it was. Car has been running good and no problems so I just chalk it up to cars being cars and making funny noises.

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
I have the same noise. Would love to figure out what it is. I also have not taken it to the dealer because they’re typically not very good at diagnosing noises

SpooRk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 CTR LE
Country flag
Cost of a stiff track inspired car
I get it’s a stiff car. But this is noise that’s only when touching the throttle pedal. Has nothing to do with the rigidity of the chassis. Someone mentioned fuel injectors and that sounds plausible. I just want to make sure I’m not gonna have an issue once it’s out of warranty.

RickyJeezus

First Name
Jack
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the same noise. Would love to figure out what it is. I also have not taken it to the dealer because they’re typically not very good at diagnosing noises
I've taken my car back to my dealer multiple times for rattling interior trim pieces...its covered under warranty, so as long as they hear it, they fix it.

In my case it was the door panels, and they would rattle with any amount of bass, so they thre some foam tape and got ride of the rattles...also added a little more weight into the doors.

I do get a buzz/rattle on top of the dash at random times, thats the one that I cant pin point yet.