johnnyanalog

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #4314, 2020 Crosstrek Limited, 2014 4Runner Trail Premium
Country flag
Haha the exact same thing happened to me! I couldn't believe that was the source of the rattle with the way it sounded like it was up in the dash somewhere.
I thought getting rid of the garage door opener fixed the rattle, but it was just the loudest of many. I've never had a car with this many rattles/buzzes related to the engine RPMs and its really taking away from the driving experience. Every time I try to have a little fun and rev it up over 4k there are probably 5 different rattles/buzzes that can potentially occur (they don't always occur) and it just makes me cringe everytime. Most of these occur when going over 50% throttle between 4-5k, but seem to vary based on how much gas your giving it. Occasionally something starts to rattle around the overhead lights, something sounds really loose around the center dash speaker, something starts buzzing inside the passenger side of the dash (specifically at about 4200RPM), something starts rattling around the passenger side seatbelt attachment or something seems to buzz near the passenger side tweeter.

It just seems like this engine generates a high frequency vibration that's setting all of these off. I've never had a car with rattles like this related to the engine RPMs. I'm coming from an 06 Si that would rattle a little when you hit a bump or something, but every time I revved it all the way up to 8k it just sounded amazing with no unwanted vibration at all. And I've never not been able to have a garage door opener attached to my visor because it would rattle - with the opener it seems to be the metal clip that starts to buzz.

I've had it to the dealership once already to fix the rattles along with a few other issues it had, but they said they only identified a rattle coming from the drivers side A pillar and put some foam tape in it. I never heard anything coming from that area so I don't think this made any difference. Maybe I'll have to try another dealer. Any one else with this many rattles/buzzes?
Sponsored

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Holy crap, I can't believe that removing my garage door opener from the passenger's side visor fixed the loud buzzing I was hearing at exactly 5K RPM! This has been driving me nuts forever!

Now I just need to figure out whats causing a faint buzzing sound when using the throttle. It directly correlates to throttle use, and goes away immediately if I lift off (even if the revs are still up). Any ideas what that might be?

tuxmonkey

R-00330
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #330, '17 Jeep GC Overland
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Holy crap, I can't believe that removing my garage door opener from the passenger's side visor fixed the loud buzzing I was hearing at exactly 5K RPM! This has been driving me nuts forever!

Now I just need to figure out whats causing a faint buzzing sound when using the throttle. It directly correlates to throttle use, and goes away immediately if I lift off (even if the revs are still up). Any ideas what that might be?
Check the driver side A Pillar. Mine buzzes

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, so since I last posted, the 5K RPM buzzing came back. Turns out it had nothing to do with my garage door opener. I was able to pin it down though: the housing for my map lights is vibrating quite a bit, and at 5k RPM, it sometimes begins buzzing loudly. If I push on the housing around the lights, it gets much quieter. Unfortunately, I now have no idea how to remove this housing or how I might get some foam I'm there.

Wabby

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Cr-z
Country flag
Had my CTR at service yesterday.
- The A-pillar rattle was one of the problems I listed for them, and they fixed it. It's so nice to have a no rattlenoises in the car now! :D

revin9k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
s2000
Country flag
I get buzzing from the speakers. Mainly the twitters on all 4 doors. Super annoying

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ok, so since I last posted, the 5K RPM buzzing came back. Turns out it had nothing to do with my garage door opener. I was able to pin it down though: the housing for my map lights is vibrating quite a bit, and at 5k RPM, it sometimes begins buzzing loudly. If I push on the housing around the lights, it gets much quieter. Unfortunately, I now have no idea how to remove this housing or how I might get some foam I'm there.
Honda added some thick foam tape to this panel during my last visit. Noise gone! :)

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a rattle in/around the steering column; it might actually be the horn area on the steering wheel since if I put mild pressure on that area, the rattle stops.

I also have a rattle coming from the passengers side area--sounds like it's near the seatbelt.

Has anyone else tried to get these two fixed?

nxt3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R
Country flag
I have a rattle in/around the steering column; it might actually be the horn area on the steering wheel since if I put mild pressure on that area, the rattle stops.

I also have a rattle coming from the passengers side area--sounds like it's near the seatbelt.

Has anyone else tried to get these two fixed?
I too have a slight rattle on the horn area of the steering wheel. If I put pressure on top of the horn area (like, stick my hand through the wheel) it stops. Didn't attempt to get it fixed yet.

FK8_Ger

First Name
Marvin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type r FK8
I have the same rattling behind the dashboard near the Radio...
It drives me crazy.. Does anybody
Know how to fix it?

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I would like the whole thing foam taped over and would pay like a thousand bucks to have it done well...

My Ohio roads are bumpy as can be and I assume everything just gets knocked out of place... Newest rattle seems to be coming from the drivers side visor, which I just started using a bit more frequently. My current rattles seem to be that one and one around the top seat belt connection on the driver's side.

I'm hesitant to start jamming things in random places to attempt to tighten things up but I also don't want to take it to a dealer every time I hear a new rattle.

CTRThunder10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
I would like the whole thing foam taped over and would pay like a thousand bucks to have it done well...

My Ohio roads are bumpy as can be and I assume everything just gets knocked out of place... Newest rattle seems to be coming from the drivers side visor, which I just started using a bit more frequently. My current rattles seem to be that one and one around the top seat belt connection on the driver's side.

I'm hesitant to start jamming things in random places to attempt to tighten things up but I also don't want to take it to a dealer every time I hear a new rattle.
I have that same rattle from the seat belt adjuster area. They replace the adjuster all together, but the the noise is still there so I am at a loss. I don't want to take it back to the dealer either, but I might have to. Any update on your end on where that rattle may be coming from? Initially they thought it was a spring that didn't sit in place, but obviously that is not the case.
Help!!! :)
Sponsored