aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si, 1988 Ford f250, 2004 Honda vtx1300
Country flag
I have that same rattle from the seat belt adjuster area. They replace the adjuster all together, but the the noise is still there so I am at a loss. I don't want to take it back to the dealer either, but I might have to. Any update on your end on where that rattle may be coming from? Initially they thought it was a spring that didn't sit in place, but obviously that is not the case.
Help!!! :)
Mine still rattles, I haven't taken it in. It seems to either have become quieter or other rattles have taken my attention by being louder... I know Civics rattle, but if it's a known, like it is, you'd think Honda would just jam some filler in there.
Sponsored

CTRThunder10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Mine still rattles, I haven't taken it in. It seems to either have become quieter or other rattles have taken my attention by being louder... I know Civics rattle, but if it's a known, like it is, you'd think Honda would just jam some filler in there.
You'd think! I've had several other rattles that I've taken to the dealer and all of them have gone away except this one by the seat belt...

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You'd think! I've had several other rattles that I've taken to the dealer and all of them have gone away except this one by the seat belt...
Hmm, thanks, that's encouraging me to be more likely to take it back to the dealer... I'm about due for my first oil change so maybe then.

CTRThunder10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R
Hmm, thanks, that's encouraging me to be more likely to take it back to the dealer... I'm about due for my first oil change so maybe then.
Glad I could help. First oil change huh? I'm about mid way to my 3rd. Find a tech that knows his stuff. I always as to speak with the tech if possible. I've had a center console rattle that required removing the center console and applying foam tape to a funnel that connected airflow. Foam tape to the driver a pillar and door. They're all gone away except that one... so if you hear from the dealer as to why the seat belt adjuster rattles and they can fix it, that would be much appreciated!!

K1NG J0RDAN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Aegean Blue 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I’m experiencing a similar buzzing noise but somewhere near the right passenger doors is where it’s happening at. Very strange. Only happens when driving around 4k rpm.

d1390

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
I just started recently hearing the seat belt as well! it comes and goes on mine though. I still get a buzzing noise on the a pillar at around 2000/2500 RPM though.

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I have the buzzing/rattly noise at 1550 rpms, give or take. Can’t figire out what it is. Sounds behind the radio, then it sounds like it’s behind the glove box. Depending on where I put my ear. It sometimes even sounds like it’s from under the hood. It’s annoying. It only triggers the buzz at a given rpm, gotta love NVH.

Any ideas? I’ve yet to try the A Pillars solution.

aighead

Threads
Reaction score
Website
snortcoffee.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I found the rattle that I thought was in the visor is actually near the "Oh Sh!t" handle above driver's side window... It just started as I started using the visor more.

aedigangi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the same center dash rattle around 3k rpm - I already foam taped my a pillars and tweeters - I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow and I’m going to see if I can talk with the tech and show him - I can replicate it by driving or tapping on the plastic piece to the rights of the accelerator or remove the glove box and tap on the air filter area - really sounds directly in the middle - driving me crazy - hope they can pin point it.

aedigangi

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I have the same center dash rattle around 3k rpm - I already foam taped my a pillars and tweeters - I have an appt at the dealer tomorrow and I’m going to see if I can talk with the tech and show him - I can replicate it by driving or tapping on the plastic piece to the rights of the accelerator or remove the glove box and tap on the air filter area - really sounds directly in the middle - driving me crazy - hope they can pin point it.
Found it myself - it was coming from behind the usb for apply car play and power input - there is a little hole on the bottom - use a pick tool and just pops out - unplug both sides and there is like a plastic shroud around a plastic tube that was very lose and vitiating around a lot - I stuffed a lot of foam tape in there and no more rattle on acceleration- hope this helps someone - Felt good canceling that dealer appt after!

{kman}

First Name
keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic LX
Country flag
Found it myself - it was coming from behind the usb for apply car play and power input - there is a little hole on the bottom - use a pick tool and just pops out - unplug both sides and there is like a plastic shroud around a plastic tube that was very lose and vitiating around a lot - I stuffed a lot of foam tape in there and no more rattle on acceleration- hope this helps someone - Felt good canceling that dealer appt after!
I was looking inside there because i have this similar sound when accelerating. What tube are you talking about? I saw some wrapped wires ziptied, but i could find anything else that looked loose.
Sponsored