Buying secondhand Takeda CAI

BNGBNGBONG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a Takeda CAI from a guy, however there are some things I'm wary about.

The previous guy bored out the hole for the MAF sensor as he had an SI (bigger sensor). It's originally supposed to be for a hatch, however he MacGyver'd it. Will this be an issue for me since my MAF sensor is smaller?

Is this going to throw any codes/cause any issues in the long run? How's everyone's experience with the Takeda CAI?

Edit: My other option is to buy an Injen short ram, but don't hear many great things about Injen.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Two Step Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
twostepperformance.com
Vehicle(s)
17 Si, 19 Accord 2.0T, 23 Type R
Country flag
Hey guys,

Looking to purchase a Takeda CAI from a guy, however there are some things I'm wary about.

The previous guy bored out the hole for the MAF sensor as he had an SI (bigger sensor). It's originally supposed to be for a hatch, however he MacGyver'd it. Will this be an issue for me since my MAF sensor is smaller?

Is this going to throw any codes/cause any issues in the long run? How's everyone's experience with the Takeda CAI?

Edit: My other option is to buy an Injen short ram, but don't hear many great things about Injen.
Not worth the trouble. There is certainly nothing wrong with purchasing a used intake but the MAF housing is the most critical part of the intake and any modifications could cause major issues down the road.
Sponsored