Buying extended warranty?

AZlai25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Aveo
i just bought my 2016 Honda Civic last week. I refused to buy the extended warranty from the dealership $2,800!!! I went online and found Hyannis $1,025.00 for 120K/8yrs and Saccucci $1,110 120K/8yrs.
Are these companies any good? Anybody has experience using them before? How are these different or the same from the dealership?
Sponsored

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
If you write "warranty" in the search box in the top right, it'll show you many, many threads with exactly what you're looking for.

Now, to be a bit helpful just so you don't think i'm a pompous prick, yes - they're good, as long as you don't live in Florida.

lmoore1436

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX BNP
i just bought my 2016 Honda Civic last week. I refused to buy the extended warranty from the dealership $2,800!!! I went online and found Hyannis $1,025.00 for 120K/8yrs and Saccucci $1,110 120K/8yrs.
Are these companies any good? Anybody has experience using them before? How are these different or the same from the dealership?
I'm going to be purchasing one as well and while you are purchasing through the dealer, the actual warranty is through Honda so you would be able to use it at any Honda dealer. I do have a few friends who have them, but they never had to use them so I can't speak to how seamless the process is but again, since it is through Honda there shouldn't be an issue at all. They are the same as any other dealership, most dealerships charge more for it because they want to make more money upfront but Hyannis and Saccucci are focusing more on selling more warranties rather than more expensive warranties because they get bonuses for selling in volume rather than price.