Buying a CPO 2017 LX manual

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
Found a car my wife and I could compromise on. It’s a white 2017 Civic LX Sedan with 29.5k miles with a stick shift. I’m out the door at $16,500 which includes TTL. That’s within NADA and my CU will finance that.

Does that sound like a good deal? They had it listed for $15700 and out the door originally was $17,045 with TTL.

I want to get rid of the chrome and the crappy radio and wheels. They had an Si I really liked but it was $7k more. This was my compromise.
Sponsored

Hollywoo0220

Customer Service oriented (most of the time) :-)
First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dihatsu Charade, BMW, Various Hondas, Focus ST, and VW GTI
Country flag
A 2017 is already 3yrs old (regardless of mileage).
You are looking at Retail pricing NOT actual pricing. Technically $12,800 would have been a better buy price CPO or not.

OP
OP

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
According to NADA and KBB I paid right in the middle of the scale for retail for my area. $15.1k is what I actually paid before taxes and fees.

OP
OP

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
They had an Si I really liked but my wife didn't like how loud the exhaust was. I asked the salesguy and he said it was factory though it sounded aftermarket to me. That and it was listed for $21.5 before TTL.

jred721

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Accord Sport
Country flag
They had an Si I really liked but my wife didn't like how loud the exhaust was. I asked the salesguy and he said it was factory though it sounded aftermarket to me. That and it was listed for $21.5 before TTL.
Si's stock exhaust isn't loud at all, it definitely had an aftermarket muffler or something if it was loud. That being said, I think if you can swing the extra cash you'd be better off with an Si. If comes with the upgraded headunit with carplay/android auto, chrome delete, digital color gauge cluster, and manual plus a more potent engine. A lot more features and a lot more car. The LX is still a good buy though, the manual and powertrain combo are doing to be dead reliable and more than enough power, just up to you on whether or not an Si is worth it. Look for other examples of Si's and see what you find.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic sedan lx 6mt and 2018 Honda Civic hatchback ex auto
Country flag
Found a car my wife and I could compromise on. It’s a white 2017 Civic LX Sedan with 29.5k miles with a stick shift. I’m out the door at $16,500 which includes TTL. That’s within NADA and my CU will finance that.

Does that sound like a good deal? They had it listed for $15700 and out the door originally was $17,045 with TTL.

I want to get rid of the chrome and the crappy radio and wheels. They had an Si I really liked but it was $7k more. This was my compromise.
I got a 2018 lx sedan manual and I love it. I also changed the rims and stereo. The good thing about the stereo change is that your a/c controls are not integrated into the head unit so installing an aftermarket stereo is easy. I think that price is fair for that car

OP
OP

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
The Si I test drove definitely had a drone to it, and with the door open was louder than I expected it to be. It was a complete turn off for my wife though and is one of the two reasons (price being the other) why we looked at the LX they had.

I'm still debating on aftermarket radio vs retrofitting the upgraded OEM headunit. Which is better? Would I gain any usable features doing the retrofit and/or would it be a total pain? I've read the DIY thread on here on doing the retrofit. Would I be able to swap the digital cluster in along with the upgraded headunit and get the features in the cluster like the Si and above? Basically I want the Si look but not the price. Seems like the Si models really hold their value as the price between this 2017 Si I test drove with 22k miles was only about $3-4k cheaper than new. Then again all of the dealers in the DFW area seem to like to add $2-3k of additional dealer items to every car no matter the trim, and this is one of the reasons for looking at preowned as I didn't want to further take an equity hit with stuff that doesn't affect the value much.

I want to change the shift knob for the Si one as I like the round look, change out the headunit, wheels, de-chrome everything as I hate chrome, and possibly change the cluster and if at all possible add the OEM fogs if the wiring is there. Maybe swap out the steering wheel for the leather one.

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
An aftermarket head unit will sound better than a stock unit. Plus it’s easier to build a system because of the preouts on the aftermarket head unit. I put a kenwood excelon in mine
Honda Civic 10th gen Buying a CPO 2017 LX manual 937A3CF8-56E7-4D1B-90A6-C271F4E6DAFA

OP
OP

CivicNovice

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Acadia
Country flag
Just found an issue with doing an aftermarket radio that I will have the same problem retrofitting the higher trim OEM radio; I'll have to tap into the reverse light wire for the rear camera to work since I have a manual. :(

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Just found an issue with doing an aftermarket radio that I will have the same problem retrofitting the higher trim OEM radio; I'll have to tap into the reverse light wire for the rear camera to work since I have a manual. :(
Actually the switch is somewhere in the gear shifter. Mine is a manual to.The shop hooked it up for me when they installed the stereo. Here is what mine looks like
Honda Civic 10th gen Buying a CPO 2017 LX manual 5434E57F-1C25-4A52-A6B9-973E1CE29EF5

mvela

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ugh I do not like that.
Yeah I haven’t bought the new camera that goes with this headunit. Kenwood has a camera that connects to this unit that gives you multiple views like the factory unit does. This is the wide view. It actually looks exactly like the factory wide view except it’s in high definition. The factory head unit is a little blurry compared to the kenwood

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 el camino ls swap, 18 civic 6speed, 86 Porsche 911 (euro spec)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought my 2018 manual new last year 17,700 otd just for reference...remember you have the bargaining advantage no one's really wants a manual n/a car anymore except you and me lol

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Certified manual lx in my area are going for 12k-14k

87elco

First Name
Tj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The Si I test drove definitely had a drone to it, and with the door open was louder than I expected it to be. It was a complete turn off for my wife though and is one of the two reasons (price being the other) why we looked at the LX they had.

I'm still debating on aftermarket radio vs retrofitting the upgraded OEM headunit. Which is better? Would I gain any usable features doing the retrofit and/or would it be a total pain? I've read the DIY thread on here on doing the retrofit. Would I be able to swap the digital cluster in along with the upgraded headunit and get the features in the cluster like the Si and above? Basically I want the Si look but not the price. Seems like the Si models really hold their value as the price between this 2017 Si I test drove with 22k miles was only about $3-4k cheaper than new. Then again all of the dealers in the DFW area seem to like to add $2-3k of additional dealer items to every car no matter the trim, and this is one of the reasons for looking at preowned as I didn't want to further take an equity hit with stuff that doesn't affect the value much.

I want to change the shift knob for the Si one as I like the round look, change out the headunit, wheels, de-chrome everything as I hate chrome, and possibly change the cluster and if at all possible add the OEM fogs if the wiring is there. Maybe swap out the steering wheel for the leather one.
As much as you're going to spend doing that try and find a manual ex-t or hatchback sport and youll be done
Sponsored