KevinMO91

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Champ white Type R 2011 Si Taff white sedan
Hello everyone! New to the Forums not so new to civic's and Si's

I'd like to start with alittle about me, currently in US Army stationed at Ft Lewis WA. I have less then a year left. I currently have a 2008 WRX STi that I'm trading in for a 2017 WOP Si Sedan.

I have have had numerous Honda's over the years 5 1991 CRX Si's all ironically black with various swaps one with a JDM front end. A 2001 civic EX, a 95 civic hatchback, a 99 civic Si ( I regret getting rid of) a 99 GSR and a 92 GSR. My favorite car that I fell in love with was my 2008 Civic Si was black sedan with navi just did full bolt on's and ended up totaling it a few years back before I joined the Army, I bought a 2008 STi hatch after which is my current car that I'm trading in.

The funny thing is I wont get to drive the car for almost an entire year because I'm buying the car in my home state where my STi is located which is New Jersey. The good news though is it will be a brand new car as it hasnt even arrived at the dealer and is scheduled to arrive at the end of August, The dealer that sold it to me is a good family friend and has sold us numerous car's at a decent price. I'm putting a $1000 Deposit down this friday and starting the paperwork for the trade in as well, doing it mostly through my father.

I haven't lurked too much through the forums but I was wondering if how my price stacks up compared to other people, I owe 11k on my sti and they are giving me 13k for it and I'm only putting 1k down so that's effectively 3k toward the car. From what he told me out the door financed will be just barely over 25k fully paid off looking at 354 a month payments for a 72 month period

Also how does the gearbox feel compared to the 8th gen? I loved that car so much my sister had an 06 8th gen SI and now has a 14 9th gen si and when I drove that I didn't think the gearbox felt as smooth ( I still thought it was good but not as good)
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Welcome to the site! I have to ask, if you are a year out from being able to drive the car why not wait until 2018 to purchase?

OP
OP

KevinMO91

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Champ white Type R 2011 Si Taff white sedan
Welcome to the site! I have to ask, if you are a year out from being able to drive the car why not wait until 2018 to purchase?
I was originally looking to sell my STi and buy a car out here in WA, I was even selling my sti for a steal, it only has 67k miles all original World Rally Blue gold BBS rims for 15k, I was tired of making payments for a car I havent driven in 3 years. After trying to sell it for about 4 going on 5 months all I dealt with was flakers even though the car has a clean title no accidents etc etc...... Well my father took the car to a local dealership where we have bought numerous Honda's and they offered me a decent deal on my STi and what I think is a good deal on a new Si.

I have less then a year left its about 10 months to be exact and I'll have over 80 days of leave I'm hoping they'll let me use as term leave so I'm looking at about alittle over 7 months left which isn't that bad to come home to a brand new car
Sponsored