Cuhris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si (FC1)
Country flag
Got tired of daily driving the Range ($80-$90 full tank) So.... I sold my babies... E36 M3 & S14 RB25 & bought my 2020 FC1 $500 under invoice. 3 weeks into ownership (8miles to 750 now) and I can finally say it feels like a downgrade as it’s underwhelming in alot of aspects such as;

- slow asf otd
- dollar to hrsprs
- lack of “wow” factor while driving it
- fwd

Before ya’ll come at my neck and want to fight me because Im shitting on your beloved 4 banger....

What I love so far;
- $30-$35 full tank/gas saver (mpg avg about 27-30)
- price point for the SI is unbeatable
- front end is sex imo
- aftermarket potential/community is huge

Obviously the pro’s why I bought it, but the cons are really bumming me out.

Parts I have that are yet to be installed;
- BC coilovers
- PRL IC kit
- Stoptech BBK (need big brake power for my 200 hrspsrs)
- 20mm spacers

Plan was to install all the parts this weekend to give it a lil flare but really don’t have the motivation to build it now, maybe ya’ll can help w/ this? ??‍♂

Mods in cart;
- PRL turbo kit
- Ktuner V2
- PRL flex fuel kit
- AWE touring exhaust

Roast me now, persuade me to sell it, trade it, keep it stock or build it

Honda Civic 10th gen BUYERS REMORSE?! RAGRETS?! EC0C044F-82FA-4E60-85C8-9F51969C78EF

Honda Civic 10th gen BUYERS REMORSE?! RAGRETS?! 0D2A44C0-4CF9-4B18-97B3-16A69B06E56F

Last edited:

TheHorse13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX
Country flag
If you're underwelmed by the Si, you should really get yourself into a base model 2.0 sedan. Pure sex brah.

Kidding aside, you came from high end vehicles to an economy FWD Japanese performance platform. Surely someone told you this before you stepped into the driver seat?

As for trade-in, if you don't mind losing your ass, then by all means, hit the dealership hands up and pants down. I'd advise leaving the car stock if you go this route though. The rape will only intensify if you roll in with a modded vehicle.

All of that said, I can truly say that I feel for you when you say that you're underwhelmed and bummed. I came from a 2009 shitbox sedan to a 2019 sedan and find myself missing my 10+ year old shitbox more and more.

Branden87

First Name
Branden
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
I hear you brother. I also just picked up a 2020 Si. You just gotta accept the car for what it is.... Good thing is the aftermarket support is endless, you can always make it quicker, handle better, look the way you want.

you say its slow: you bought a 200hp civic dude what did you expect
lack of wow factor: idk what that means
fwd: its a 24k Honda that gets 35 mpg.... you cant have it all

Mcclaughry95

500hp is the goal.
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si
Country flag
I dont think I could of ever given up the m3. Prefer e46 personally tho.
I would try out some decent tires a tune before judging the car too much tho.
Type R sounds more your match tho.

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
It isn't a drag car out of the box. As somebody who has driven faster cars and better handling cars I've come to appreciate what it is out of the box. It's an incredibly well balanced sport econo-box. If you're not concerned with the warranty then mod away, especially with the KTuner and an OTS tune from TSP (i have it and i love driving it every day) or Phearable. I'd also recommend any of the shifter upgrades from Acuity to stiffen up the shifter. But most of all, if you haven't already, find some good driving roads, throw it in sport mode and put the car where it belongs. It shines through the corners and has plenty of torque through the LSD up front to pull you right on through them. If that still doesn't do it for you then maybe the car isn't for you. Its not for everyone and I recently made a very similar reply to a thread just like this. I love my Si, I see where it isn't for everyone but if you have it then it's worth giving it a shot.

side note: as much as our e36 M3 was neutered I'd love one of those. drove an e36 328i for a while...beautiful cars.

disgraced.fk8

IG: @break_ya_neck_fk7
First Name
Drew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Boost Blue Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'll second this as this was my immediate response... lol. Definitely sounds like you should have gotten the Type R.

That being said.... My Sport Touring FK7 with the Phearable tune and a few bolt ons is very nice to daily drive and still have the oomph. If you buy quality brands, you're not gonna waste your money building it, you can part it out here and if prices are good they will go pretty quick. Intakes, downpipes, tuners, they all sell stupid fast on the forum here. Generally same day if it's a fair price. Taking that into account, I'd get a few bolt ons and a tune and you might be surprised how much the car opens up. If it's still not enough, you can probably recover most of what you spent.

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
- slow asf otd
- dollar to hrsprs
- lack of “wow” factor while driving it
- fwd
I test drove a few Civics before actually buying one. I think you would have immediately noticed these things, even on a short 30 minutes drive.

Have you thought about trading it in for a CTR? But that's also only FWD, so maybe not the best option either.

SuperMotoManDRZ

First Name
Zak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Coupe, 2002 Acura RSX Type S, 2017 Suzuki DRZ400SM
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I two stepped and smoked an M3.. probably due to the driver, but none the less.. just have to mod the car correctly.. it's a tuner car.. not an out of the box rocket.. you should have got a Type R and modded it imo.. I got the Si because I enjoy building it.. I'll end up putting more into it than a Type R costs (probably even more than a full bolt on R) but that's what I enjoy.. seems like you're just not a Honda Bro.. lol.. to each their own.

Last edited:

redcoats1976

First Name
jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic coupe,2015 camaro RS
Country flag
bought my wife a 2018 coupe,2.o CVT.the car it relaced was a 1994 nissan sentra 4 door with 130,000 miles ,so for her it was a nice trade up.i guess it depends on your perspective and how much money you want to spend on a nicer car.if youre going to consider trading it dont mod it.

Sporin

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Si Sedan – '94 Miata – '16 RAV4
Country flag
It's an incredibly well balanced sport econo-box.
I think that's a perfect summation. If you are expecting more (stock at least) then you are setting yourself up for disapointment.

A lot depends on what you are coming from, so from where the OP started, I can see how he'd be underwhelmed. For me, I was coming from a boring commuter Prius so the S1 sedan is perfect for me. Our other cars are a RAV4 and 94 Miata, so I'm really covering the gamut on driving choices most days. Honestly, convertible aside, I enjoy driving the Civic Si more than the Miata these days. Double the horsepower sure makes a difference. ;)

StanMan

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
The Si stock is 2800lbs and 205 horses, that should tell you exactly how quick it is out of the box.

The Si is a driver's car first, it isn't meant to be a go fast in a straight line box.(some people want that and that is fine but that is not the Si). Si is a lightweight car with excellent handling, braking, and an excellent shifting experience- think of it more like a larger, more practical(but slightly less fun) FWD Miata than an M3 alternative(Type R is a better comparison to that).

FWD isn't a con, it is a different solution. FWD is lighter weight than RWD or AWD and it has less horsepower lost due to drivetrain than either. The only real drawback to FWD when properly implemented is launch traction.

Take it on some high speed back roads with lots of braking, accelerating, and elevation changes- you will appreciate how well it puts power down accelerating out of a corner and how well it maintains grip in general even with not great stock tires.

It's a great platform. TSP Stage 1 with Ktuner(and remove the rev hang) will really open the car up as well.

OP
OP
Cuhris

Cuhris

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si (FC1)
Country flag
My buddy is a honda fanatic and he literally enchants “build it” in my ear 24/7 lol, but it was just that time in my life to move on from my toys you feel me

GermanCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

ATX_Si

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe (gone). 2018 Accord EX-L 1.5t (gone) 2020 Audi Q3 S-Line. 2018 Accord Sport 2.0T 6MT
Country flag
That's what I think, the driver wasn't even trying.

Even the almost 30 year old 3.0 E36 M3 is on another level than the 1.5 Civic

Here is a nice performance comparison between those two cars:

https://zeperfs.com/en/duel620-6667.htm
with euro specs on that M3, absolutely. the US spec E36 M3 is way different. we weren't even supposed to get an E36 M3 here originally.

Edit: here's a link to an R&T article outlining the differences. US spec e36 isn't as far ahead of the Si
BMW E36 M3: European Spec vs. American (roadandtrack.com)