Dm0785

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
I’d like to preface this by saying, that honestly it’s my fault for not going ahead and buying a new ktuner, as well as not pulling the plug once it got skecthy and boy does it get sketchy. Nonetheless, I’d like to warn others, just in case.

First thing is first I tried to buy a ktuner from someone who had just recently joined this forum. (mistake #1). Then the guy ask to have the transaction done through zelle (no buyer protection) when I said no he tried cash app, I said no then PayPal but family and friends (again no buyer protection). After a bit of back and forth I finally caved and “purchased” the ktuner via PayPal through friends & family (Mistake #2) He was very adamant about not wanting to ship until payment cleared. Another ref flag, I know, but I guess I just really wanted this Ktuner lol. I told him I didn’t care when he sent it as long as he sent it. (Mistake #3) So every day until it posted he would message me with an update, until it posted, then radio silence. And I haven’t heard from him since....

Honda Civic 10th gen Buyer Beware 2F6183AE-534B-42BE-8D15-05EB1A1BBEBB
Sponsored

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport 6MT
Country flag
Sorry to hear about that. :(

I also unfortunately were scammed by the same tactic, so I am sympathized with you. You can find my post in this thread below. Is that similar to your experience? because if it is... it is probably the same scammer and he will be back trying to scam again. I know another member who had similar interaction with the same scammer.

https://www.civicx.com/forum/threads/beware-of-scammer.48137/

OP
OP
Dm0785

Dm0785

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

I also unfortunately were scammed by the same tactic, so I am sympathized with you. You can find my post in this thread below. Is that similar to your experience? because if it is... it is probably the same scammer and he will be back trying to scam again. I know another member who had similar interaction with the same scammer.

Wishing I had looked at yours before, but yeah same email he used for the first transaction. Which he refunded and then sent me a different one. What’s frustrating is that he even texted me, continuously up until it posted then nothing. There has to be a better way to monitor who actually joins this forum. Were you able to get your money back though?

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
No, sadly. I contacted Zelle, and they said since their products should only be used to transfer money to people you know and trust. So they wont issue my money back.

You could share your story in that thread. It will give it a bump in the "Member Classified" forum. Keep other buyers vigilant.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hate to see this. Try to see if you can file a chargeback with your bank.

OP
OP
Dm0785

Dm0785

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Hate to see this. Try to see if you can file a chargeback with your bank.
Yeah, I’ve already filed a dispute with my bank hope it works. Sucks that it’s happened to more than one of us, because now the low life is profiting. I have his number you think there’s any way to bring legal action against that? I know it’s only $350, but people like that should honestly be reprimanded.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, I’ve already filed a dispute with my bank hope it works. Sucks that it’s happened to more than one of us, because now the low life is profiting. I have his number you think there’s any way to bring legal action against that? I know it’s only $350, but people like that should honestly be reprimanded.
The first step there is to file a police report. I could not advise on much more than that. Unfortunately there is always something looking to take advantage of others. We have some tips and guidelines posted to help avoid this sort of thing but I understand not everyone sees them before completing a transaction with others.

OP
OP
Dm0785

Dm0785

First Name
Darwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI
Country flag

I’ll be doing a police report, if you want to do one as well the number he provided me was 786-448-9243. Below are the names he provided me through PayPal and cash app. Might not do us any good, but I’d hate for there to be someone else.
- Luis Banos
- Melissa Rojas

trong.n95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’ll be doing a police report, if you want to do one as well the number he provided me was 786-448-9243. Below are the names he provided me through PayPal and cash app. Might not do us any good, but I’d hate for there to be someone else.
- Luis Banos
- Melissa Rojas
Kudos for taking action to you! Best of luck to you. Here are additional screenshot of the cashapp/paypal accounts in case you need them. Best of luck and keep me updated!

Honda Civic 10th gen Buyer Beware Capture.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Buyer Beware Capture1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Buyer Beware Capture2.JPG