Buy used K-tuner just for rev hang delete

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
My biggest and only annoyance with the Si is how long the revs take to drop especially from first to second and then second to third. So much so that I want to get a lightweight flywheel like ctr retro or ACT to fix the issue. But before i commit to spending almost 2k on that i figured i could give the rev hang delete feature a try for significantly less investment. And if it doesn’t provide enough satisfaction i could always resell it right? From some research I’ve read that rev hang delete makes slow parking lot speed driving more choppy than it already is. Also some people say that no matter if rev hang is on or off, its the heavy DMF thats the real issue since they are separate issues. For those who have experienced both any comments? Should i not even waste time with the ktuner?
Sponsored

repeet

Threads
Reaction score
Website
jesus7feasts.fyi
Vehicle(s)
'23 BRZ
Country flag
Like you said, Ktuner is much less money and reversible. I don't like any rev hang. On the V8s that I've owned, if I rolled off the accelerator from high RPM, I would lunge everything inside the cars toward the windshield. My passengers would literally be hanging by their seat belts because of the deceleration. A V8 can do that. Our cars can't. They don't have enough cubic inches to "brake" the engine, let alone the car. So yes, deleting the rev hang with Ktuner gets rid of about half of the aggravation. You would need the lighter flywheel to get rid of the rest.

Interestingly, some of the people on this forum have never driven big displacement cars, and they feel like removing even part of the rev hang makes the car too "choppy". They have no idea of the breaking power just rolling off the accelerator has on a large displacement engine. Which is the way I like it.

Note: A V8 with an automatic transmission will not toss the car around like a "standard" will.

shibles

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honestly, not said much in the forums but with an aftermarket exhaust (have a Borla myself), the rev hang gives lots of good crackles as opposed to without it. So maybe consider an exhaust if you'd like those sounds. Also if you add a starter tune with a Ktuner you can turn rev hang on and off with cruise control button. I find myself leaving it on most of the time to hear pops unless I'm doing a mountain run or would like to do some quicker shifting.

Just know getting rid of rev hang will only stop it from holding revs for a second letting off the gas, it will still drop quite slowly.

OP
OP
pinhead66

pinhead66

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan, 2018 Odyssey EX-L
Country flag
@repeet Before the Si I had a G8 GT but obviously that was an automatic and no manual like the GXP. Thanks for your feedback. If getting rid of rev hang accounts for about half of the aggravation that would be a big win and a good start.

@shibles I totally understand it's a two part equation and the main issue is still the heavy DMF. I'm pretty sure I will still want to go down the road of a lighter flywheel eventually. But for now I will go try the less expensive route and be able to recoup most of investment if I don't like it. I'm not looking for any more power or any other features at this point, just the rev hang delete. That would be nice if someone released a rev hang disable only module for significantly less.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Or get a clutch with single mass flywheel and that'll delete the rev hang.
Sponsored