Buy now or wait for 2022s

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
My 2016 LX 2.0 MT coupe has had no issue with either the AC condenser or oil dilution. No problem with the windshield. No dimpled B-pillar. Almost everything on the 2020 coupe is identical to my car. Best car I ever owned.
Mine didn't have an issue with oil dilution either. But I had the update done anyway. Your a/c will crap out, they all do. Just a matter of time.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Beansley

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Like a Camry and a Jetta had a baby. Pretty boring IMO.
Yup and somehow a corolla (which I'd argue the last >decade have been some of the ugliest designs) with 2015 accord elements? I don't know, I was feeling burnt having a civic from the last couple years but they took a step back in styling IMO.

squelchy451

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI (RIP)
Country flag
I like it--the body lines and the back end feels more upscale and more like what Audi is doing. I felt the lines on the 10th gen were to "swoopy" and the details were way over the top.

The 11th gen isn't perfect. The tail lights are way too big, the LED running lights would have looked better as a one-piece, I would have incorporated the rear reflectors into the tail lights, and now that the side mirrors are mounted on the door panels instead of on the A pillars, there are going to be LOTS of streaks from where the side mirrors are mounted (one of my biggest complaints from my 2009 Miata and also my 2017 Mazda 3)

Now that the 11th gen is out, maybe we'll see the 10th gen prices fall a little faster for me to justify getting a 10th gen over the 11th gen. I find that I value driving experience over looks (hence the NC Miata) but whereas the NC Miata comfortably cleared the bar, the 10th gen is barely "not ugly enough that I wouldn't buy one just for the looks".

Again, looks are subjective and what I like is what I like.

BABY NSX

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R, 2019 Toyota Sienna, 2006 Toyota Highlander, 1972 Dodge Challenger Rallye
Country flag
Its not bad imo. More conservative than the current Gen civic. It looks more European.
Look at the below pic and put your left thumb over the front end. Looks like the side profile of an older Audi or BMW. Rear 3/4 view look almost Audi to me. Not bad, but different for sure.

Honda Civic 10th gen Buy now or wait for 2022s FEAC3D79-7F79-46F4-95BB-215AA44890D4

Honda Civic 10th gen Buy now or wait for 2022s C852ABC2-ADB6-4A6D-9822-A4FA158DFE30

squelchy451

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 VW GTI (RIP)
Country flag
I'm glad in the video they also confirmed that 6MT will be available across the board (probably not every single trim level but more than one), and that the Si and Type R are to come.

Jimmyjambo_fk8

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I will never buy another first year of a new gen vehicle. They almost always have issues that take at least 1-2 years to iron out.

My advice... buy a 2020, and let the 11th gen mature before purchasing one.
I couldn't agree more. I myself have avoided buying anything 1st year.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I will never buy another first year of a new gen vehicle. They almost always have issues that take at least 1-2 years to iron out.

My advice... buy a 2020, and let the 11th gen mature before purchasing one.
That's what I did, traded my 2017 Sport hatch with 88k miles for 2020 Si. I like the new look, so I'll probably buy a 2nd or 3rd model year, hopefully an Si hatch, if not available an Si sedan. After experiencing the LSD, I won't go back to an open diff model.

Shred

First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe it's partly due to the color, but that front end looks weird in the area around the emblem. Would have looked better with more black around the front grille instead of brining the body matched panel to the emblem and in a pretty bulbous way. The back end isn't bad, very Accord more than Euro to my eye but then again the Accord kind of has the A7 fastback style look.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yup and somehow a corolla (which I'd argue the last >decade have been some of the ugliest designs) with 2015 accord elements? I don't know, I was feeling burnt having a civic from the last couple years but they took a step back in styling IMO.
I think is going to be like that 2007 gen of civics that they sold but were kind of ugly and boring... IMO keep the Accord boring and family oriented and keep the civic more juvenile.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Mine didn't have an issue with oil dilution either. But I had the update done anyway. Your a/c will crap out, they all do. Just a matter of time.
everything will eventually crap out. doesn't mean anything. my AC is five years old. no problem yet.

civicmanic

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring ; 2020 CR-V Sport(wife)
Country flag
everything will eventually crap out. doesn't mean anything. my AC is five years old. no problem yet.
Lol took mine 4.5 years to go, just had the condenser replaced Monday. It may mean nothing to you, but I am glad it means something to honda. They don't give you a complimentary 10 year warranty on it for nothing. It is a known major issue and they've owned up to it. Good on 'em!

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
What issues did the '16 have that the '20 didn't?
The only two things that I have had dealer service for on my '16 was the oil dilution recall and the a/c condenser. Both of which affect the entire generation.
I wasn't referring to the Civic, as this is my first. I have had other manufacturers' first year of a new generation, and they have all had problems that were fixed in the following years of that gen.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
It seems to have slipped my mind completely that Honda replaced my AC compressor when the car was one year old.
Sponsored