OP
OP

happycamper515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Country flag
My daily drive to/from work won't get me past 4th gear, 40-45 mph max, and 50 percent of the drive is under 30 mph. I'm guessing a NA motor would be better for those driving conditions. For me, this car is just a car that I can shift some gears, acceleration is pretty much not a concern of mine. I'd even go for a MT LX but that's a real unicorn around here. A local dealer is actually selling a 2018 MT LX but they want $19K for it so I'm better off buying a new Sport.
Sponsored

Last edited:

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
My daily drive to/from work won't get me past 4th gear, 40-45 mph max, and 50 percent of the drive is under 30 mph. I'm guessing a NA motor would be better for those driving conditions. For me, this car is just a car that I can shift some gears, acceleration is pretty much not a concern of mine. I'd even go for a MT LX but that's a real unicorn around here. A local dealer is actually selling a 2018 MT LX but they want $19K for it so I'm better off buying a new Sport.
I wouldn't say an NA is better than the turbo option for that, but if the car is really just a commuter vehicle, it might make sense to stick w/ the cheaper option.

aerodynamics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
PWP 2020 Hatchback Sport Manual
Country flag
I had the same dilemma. I also think a manual trans will be available on the next gen CTR and HB only but would not be surprised at all if they kept it only for the CTR, or nothing at all even. For this reason, I just bought a new 2020 Sport HB and let me tell you I had one helluva time finding one in 6MT in the color I wanted.

Also, based on the patent filings, the next gen design will be toned down for better or worse, depending who you ask. For me, the 10th gen design was so out there that I feel years down the line it will be the one people remember while the tamed looks of the 11th gen has more potential to get "played out." Time will tell.

OP
OP

happycamper515

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lexus
Country flag
I think I am going to jump on the 2020 Sport MT too before it's gone and can't find one later. I was on the fence between GTI and Civic Sports but $5-$6K more for a GTI with 228 HP that will rarely be going faster than 40 MPH seems like a waste. And I'm pretty sure Hondas hold their value better and are easier to sell when the time comes.

06XTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
If that is the case then I think I better buy now because I want a MT Sport Sedan plus I want the 2.0 non turbo motor.
I have a 2019 sedan sport 6sp manual and I love it. Get one while you can...

06XTOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport Sedan
Country flag
Don't get the LX.. I'm in the same boat here in Denver. So many cars I can barely use what power I have. I threw on some Eibachs, drives/handles great. Trust me you won't regret a manual sport sedan. Last of the old school Honda engines. Port injection NA goodness. I think the HP is under rated. I think it probably has another 10 to 15 hp than what is stated. Just don't get a whack CVT

Cornercarver

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda civic Type R, 2002 Lexus SC430
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
1. My 2017 SI had no issues, turbo or otherwise. 52,000 miles.
2. Turbochargers now are not like the old ones we all remember that failed early, and needed a turbo timer or a five minute cool down. My previous - pre-Honda turbo experience? A used 1990 Eagle Talon TSI. Yup, the turbo died not that long after I bought it.. My 1985 Saab 900 Turbo? Everything but the turbo went out. Owned it until 90,000 on the odometer. Loved it anyway.
Still good to give your Si or CTR a couple minutes cool down if you drove it hard, but if you were not into the revs much, not really an issue on the newer designs.
3. Manuals are an endangered species. Get one while you can.

NoelPR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' Ridgeline RTL-E (Thanks to the CTR markups)
Country flag
Wait for at least 2024 model year or risk it.

AVR

First Name
Alexis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 SI Sedan, 2014 Pathfinder
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Can't argue with that. I enjoy the pull of my turbo, but I am always concerned about the longevity of the motor.
It's a Honda engine, I am sure you will get tired of it before it breaks. Also is true that car companies improve their platforms after the first few years, thanks to Honda all of them have being reliable, but even on the X gen they had software improvements and a few other details. I know we have not seen many pictures yet, but do you think XI gen looks better than the X gen. Normally newer gens have a slight increase on power, fuel economy or both.

Last edited:

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
wait for new model to come out and buy current model for discount.
The best thing to do since the freshly rolled out in the first 3 years are so buggy that you wished you got yourself the final refresh before that generation where bugs are fixed (if not all) and added features for less money after discount.

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
The 4th and 5th years in a model's cycle are generally the most reliable. And you can probably get one at a decent price before demand for the new models go up.

RedBullHondaF1

Banned
Banned
First Name
Speed Maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Type R, 2020 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
The 11th Gen civics may all be mild hybrids, with Si's getting a more sport oriented hybrid assist with a dual-clutch. There will be no manual Civics, you can take it to the bank. The R will most likely be AWD with e-sport hybrid electric motors powering the rear with a Dual-Clutch transmission. Honda factories are all retooling for electric. Its the way of the world. You want a manual Civic...buy now or regret later.

VarmintCong

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Focus ST Line X (sold 2020 Si sedan)
Country flag
I've been seeing Sport sedans everywhere recently, I see more of those than I see Si's or Sport hatches.

Both motors are sweet, take your pick.
Sponsored