chrish

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Country flag
Hey guys I have a 2018 ex hatch with 42k miles. I do mostly city driving but when I get on the highway and hard accelerate from 65 and up I get an ugly burning smell and it goes away after a while. I don’t smell anything when I slowly accelerate up past 65. And I don’t smell anything doing regular city driving
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
CVT or 6MT?

If 6MT, my first guess would be a slipping clutch.

SDAlexander8

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17’ Si FC3, 17’ Accord 2dr V6 6MT, 22’ RL RTL-E
Country flag
See if there is anything touching your catalytic converter like a hose or plastic piece. Really isn’t normal to be smelling something burning unless you’ve modified your exhaust recently.

Is it a burning oil smell? If so, maybe you’re leaking somewhere and it is getting burned off after dripping onto some part of the exhaust.

Edaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring Coupe (1.5T)
Country flag
In my experience if you're flooring a car ever there will always be a slight smell of oil burning. I don't know how pungent the odor your smelling is but I will repeat when I say a SLIGHT burning oil smell.

With_extra_salt

Threads
Reaction score
Website
daydreamersco.com
Vehicle(s)
Bagged 2020 Civic Ex Hatch
Country flag
Maybe its just the CVT? Whenever I floor the car and do hard acceleration on high speeds I feel heat coming from the footwell of the driver side and a smell. If that's the case then it is normal for CVT's to smell like that if im not mistaken. Just turn on the recirculate cabin button to minimize the smell and heat.

Tedv

First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport 2.0L
Country flag
I have noticed the same thing, a couple of times specially when i do over 105mph, yesterday i was doing 117 mph chasing a bmw and i noticed the smell even though the circulation was on, i opened the hood when i stopped and i could still smell it like burnt but not that bad, anyone any idea ?
🤔
Sponsored