Burning oil smell and turbo concerns

ThatSgpFk7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic hatchback sport
Country flag
So I just did my oil change myself 4 days ago and yesterday on my way to work I noticed at higher rpms (after the car is warm) there is an oil smell coming through the vents when the AC is on. Oil levels are fine. Doesn’t seem to be leaking anywhere that I can see. My coworker followed behind my car and said he can smell the oil when I hard accelerate, but there is no smoke coming from the exhaust.

Second concern that I noticed the same time I smelled the oil, my actual spooling up of the turbo is louder than normal, car is stock so there shouldn’t be any extra noise such as a cai. We hooked up a scanner to my OBD2 to read the actual boost pressure. At around 5600 rpms going around 71mph, it showed I was hitting 29.4psi of boost. First off that seems extremely high for a bone stock car.

the car has 43000 miles and so far zero issues. Oil changes have been done regularly. Just trying to figure out the issue since there is no check engine light on.
Sponsored

Velonici

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatchback, 2004 Toyota 4Runner
Country flag
Yeah something is off. I believe stock boost is supposed to be around 16psi (If it even hits that as most of the time it wont). Sounds like the waste gate isnt opening. Thats where I would start.