Burble Tune?

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Having a big wing and fake carbon fiber ground effects on a Honda Civic makes you automatically cool. No poor engine tuning necessary.
that is true ... :p

The funniest part about all this is that a majority of CTR owners (including myself) would actually use a burble tune if one were to come out. :oops:
I'd personally never run it but i wouldn't be surprised with the amount of people running VTA BOVs lol.
Sponsored

redline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
I remember when the srt4's first came out and the popped and banged so much from the factory, even more with a catless downpipe and exhaust and then everyone wanted there evo's and sti's to do the same thing and started tuning their shit to do that. My neon srt4 with a catless downpipe and mopar/borla catback was the best sounding 4 cylinder I've ever heard.

Learn2turn

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'79 Toyota Longbed PU, '95 (Drift Toy) Miata, '05 Tuned Gran Prix White S2000, '19 Championship White C-Type R
Country flag
I remember when the srt4's first came out and the popped and banged so much from the factory, even more with a catless downpipe and exhaust and then everyone wanted there evo's and sti's to do the same thing and started tuning their shit to do that. My neon srt4 with a catless downpipe and mopar/borla catback was the best sounding 4 cylinder I've ever heard.
They did sound good!

I don't mind LOUD exhausts but I would not run a snap, crackle, pop tune. If it resulted naturally from exhaust pulse waves... that would be just fine.

Micah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Si 4DR FlashPro +9psi (3k-14k) Ktuner TSP Stage 1(14k-30k+) '17 Traverse LT AWD
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it could be possible to do it in a safe way same way it was done on the Veloster but they use a different method thats what I heard. About the BOV as long as the tuner tunes the car for it, there should be any issues.
No on BOV. It is not something which can simply be tuned for. The car would need to be changed from MAF based fueling to MAP based fueling which the stock ECU is not capable of. That means standalone like MOTEC.

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
Why? Just for the sound? All it does is dump an excessive amount of fuel into your cylinders (as if direct injection didn't dilute your oil enough) and that left over fuel then ignites in your exhaust ruining your cat and oxygen sensors. Any legitimate performance programmer (tuner) will chuckle when you ask for a "burble" tune and most are against it. That alone would keep me from running a burble tune.

Engine performance > Crackling noise
Not going to lie, if there was a "safe" or "OEM like" way to do it (like the Veloster N), I'm going to give it a try:rofl:

So far the only way I know is via the Hondata anti-lag, which is definitely not safe lol

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
Pop and bang maps are massive over here in the uk and a tuner does sell them for the FK8. Switchable on the head unit for when your in the mood. I have asked him about being bad for the cat etc, and he says BMW, Audi, Ford and Hyundai all do the same thing and method and the small amount of fuel doesn't harm the cat. Whether thats true or not, time will tell but not heard of any problems with the aforementioned manufacturers cars

I am defo looking it when warranty is up in Sept, it's childish....but I do like a good pop ha

https://www.tpwengineering.com/products/civic-type-r-2017-fk8-asbo-map

(Asbo stands for anti social behaviour order)

https://www.fastcar.co.uk/tuning-tech-guides/pop-and-bang-maps/

Last edited:

sean465

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Championship White Civic Type R FK8 R-03927
Country flag
I posted a video showing you how to make a crackle tune for your 10th gen civic.

Thanks mate that was really interesting. Hope your cat holds out that was some noise...!

Green82

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
so Im new to flash tunning I have a 2018 type r and I want to do this little burble tune if it wont do damage to my car but i have a 100k mile warranty

1. is there a way i can make my tunes untracable by the dealerships ?

2. how do i jailbreak my ecu with k tuner (remotly) ?

3. will the hondata 250.00 remote jailbreak allow a k tuner unit to work ???

4. jk theres no 4th question
1 no they can see the tune
2 no have to send your ecu to them
3 no clue

TypeRNY

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
I had a burble tune on my sti. ran it for awhile. Over time I Started seeing that my target afr numbers were not being reached and i was experiencing more knock then usual. Brought it back to my tuner and switched it back to my regular tune. NO more burble for me. Only way ill accept burbling and what not is if it is coming naturally

Cspencer

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Type R, Lotus Elise Turbo K20
Country flag
3. will the hondata 250.00 remote jailbreak allow a k tuner unit to work ???
Should work the same, all jailbreaking is doing is unlocking the ECU. My car was originally unlocked using KTuner before I bought the car, and then went I bought Hondata, I didn't have to unlocked it again, it worked no issues.
Sponsored