Burble Tune?

Naruske

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
It seems like this hasnt been posted yet but came across this video of a burble tune? I know yall have said this is bad for the car but it would be nice to have it just to do it once and in a while uk?

Sponsored

FK8_K20c1

HONDA The Power of Earth Dreams Technology!
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Ive been waiting on this for a year but haven't seen it around.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Usually you just put a more fuel and ignition retard at no throttle situations on the rpm range you want it to pop to create those pops. All it's doing is sending unburnt fuel past the combustion chamber and it igniting in the exhaust.

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Usually you just put a more fuel and ignition retard at no throttle situations on the rpm range you want it to pop to create those pops. All it's doing is sending unburnt fuel past the combustion chamber and it igniting in the exhaust.
I wonder if by being unsafe is the reason why we havent hear about this.

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
I wonder if by being unsafe is the reason why we havent hear about this.
Usually there is a parameter called fuel cut off delay that you can adjust too.

Retarding ign timing creates higher EGTs which can't be nice to your turbo, definitely the cats, or possibly your O2, oh and your MPG lol. It creates a similiar situation as anti lag. Your essentially creating combustion in the exhaust stream instead of in the cylinder.

I can't imagine it being GOOD for the car lol.
but then again, people put VTA BOVs on MAF cars so :dunno:

FK8_K20c1

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8 Type R
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Usually there is a parameter called fuel cut off delay that you can adjust too.

Retarding ign timing creates higher EGTs which can't be nice to your turbo, definitely the cats, or possibly your O2, oh and your MPG lol. It creates a similiar situation as anti lag. Your essentially creating combustion in the exhaust stream instead of in the cylinder.

I can't imagine it being GOOD for the car lol.
but then again, people put VTA BOVs on MAF cars so :dunno:
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it could be possible to do it in a safe way same way it was done on the Veloster but they use a different method thats what I heard. About the BOV as long as the tuner tunes the car for it, there should be any issues.

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Also destroys a cat if you have one still

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Thanks for the explanation. I thought it could be possible to do it in a safe way same way it was done on the Veloster but they use a different method thats what I heard. About the BOV as long as the tuner tunes the car for it, there should be any issues.
yeah, i haven't looked into how hyundai or some of these OEM cars like BMW does it but it has to be done in a similiar way. idk how else they would recreate that.
if you are catless, that's one less thing you might negatively affect the life of so it might be ok lol.

regarding the bov, that's a whole separate topic from this but there is no way to "tune" for a vta bov on a maf car. The only real fix is to switch to a map based tune which neither hondata or ktuner supports. You'd have to have a motec for that.

Hayabusa160

The Master
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic type r
Country flag
DFCO (deceleration fuel cut off) thats what gives that nice popping on ls motors when you let off the gas.

im not sure if thats how the fk8 motor works or if thats an option but most cars out there has this that gives the popping from factory,

iLovePho

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CW CTR #2060
Country flag
yeah, i haven't looked into how hyundai or some of these OEM cars like BMW does it but it has to be done in a similiar way. idk how else they would recreate that.
if you are catless, that's one less thing you might negatively affect the life of so it might be ok lol.

regarding the bov, that's a whole separate topic from this but there is no way to "tune" for a vta bov on a maf car. The only real fix is to switch to a map based tune which neither hondata or ktuner supports. You'd have to have a motec for that.
Really curious on how Hyundai does it from the factory, needing to have a cat and all. Hopefully it's not one of those features that if owners use it too often the dealer would void the warranty, like Nissan did with the initial GTR's launch control.

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why? Just for the sound? All it does is dump an excessive amount of fuel into your cylinders (as if direct injection didn't dilute your oil enough) and that left over fuel then ignites in your exhaust ruining your cat and oxygen sensors. Any legitimate performance programmer (tuner) will chuckle when you ask for a "burble" tune and most are against it. That alone would keep me from running a burble tune.

Engine performance > Crackling noise

boosted180sx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR, 2016 ILX
Country flag
Why? Just for the sound? All it does is dump an excessive amount of fuel into your cylinders (as if direct injection didn't dilute your oil enough) and that left over fuel then ignites in your exhaust ruining your cat and oxygen sensors. Any legitimate performance programmer (tuner) will chuckle when you ask for a "burble" tune and most are against it. That alone would keep me from running a burble tune.

Engine performance > Crackling noise
How am i suppose to look cool if i cant shoot flames out of the exhaust or have crackles and pops when i rev it at a parking lot :rolleyes: :rofl:

SBPerformance

First Name
Steph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Evo, 2003 350z, 1998 CRV, 2019 Civic Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
How am i suppose to look cool if i cant shoot flames out of the exhaust or have crackles and pops when i rev it at a parking lot :rolleyes: :rofl:
Having a big wing and fake carbon fiber ground effects on a Honda Civic makes you automatically cool. No poor engine tuning necessary.