First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 EX
Country flag
Hello,
I purchased a Civic 2017 EX at 69k km roughly a month ago, so far I have put about 1.2k kms on it. Yesterday, bunch of errors showed up which are: Brake system problem, Brake hold system problem, EPS problem, VSA problem, Hill start problem, RDMS problem, and Emissions system m. This is the first time any problems showed up on this car, checked with code reader which shows no codes. The car starts fine and runs fine. What could be the possible problem that’s causing these errors?
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Probably just a glitch. Give it a few more drive cycles and the errors will likely reset back to normal.

logan5

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
Should I try disconnecting and reconnecting the battery?
You can certainly try that. It may speed things along. Be aware that the lights will probably still be on once you reconnect the battery. Drive the car after that for 15-30 mins and see if the errors clear.

OP
OP

Samkal

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2017 EX
Country flag
I disconnect/reconnect the battery and the problems fixed itself after a short drive. Odd for these lights to come on, maybe it's the weather (-12C)). Gave me quite a scare.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
When I had this issue, I had the battery tested and it tested bad. The Honda Branded batteries are pretty lousy, I've a 2017 as well and I was on my fourth Honda battery and was tired of being stranded, got a Duracell at Sam's club and going on two years with the same battery now. The Honda ones were a mess. But only one of them caused the instrument panel to light up like a christmas tree.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
Sounds like a failing battery or bad battery connection. If these cars experience low voltage, a lot of things get wonky quickly.

Troy Jollimore

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2018 VW Golf
Country flag
The Honda Branded batteries are pretty lousy, I've a 2017 as well and I was on my fourth Honda battery and was tired of being stranded, got a Duracell at Sam's club and going on two years with the same battery now. The Honda ones were a mess.
Still on the OEM Original battery in my ‘16… Just sayin’. ?

jlamb30

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan • 03 Kawi ZX-6R 636
Country flag
Lucky man.

Florida eats batteries anyway. My original Honda battery was replaced under warranty after just two years.
South Georgia here, so basically Florida, Jr. My original battery didn't even last a year. What really sucks about Honda's battery 'warranty' replacement is that they'll only fully replace them while the car's warranty is in effect. After that, even if you had it replaced the day before the car's warranty expires, they prorate it. So the battery, itself, does not have a full replacement warranty period like batteries you get anywhere else.

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
South Georgia here, so basically Florida, Jr. My original battery didn't even last a year. What really sucks about Honda's battery 'warranty' replacement is that they'll only fully replace them while the car's warranty is in effect. After that, even if you had it replaced the day before the car's warranty expires, they prorate it. So the battery, itself, does not have a full replacement warranty period like batteries you get anywhere else.
Just think of it as a coerced opportunity to upgrade. ;)

I've been really happy with the Optima Red Top in my Chevy. It's going on 7 years with no issues.

briq4

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
This isn’t true. Honda replacement battery comes with a 3 year full replacement warranty. Its prorated after you hit 3 years.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bunch of errors popped up 0EA7817E-CE4B-4F10-8723-F8B20D2DA330
Sponsored