Bunch of Error Codes

ayyaron

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civc EX-L
Country flag
I have a 2018 Honda Civic EX-L. I also have an aftermarket subwoofer installed.
Last week, I took out the subwoofer to make some extra room for a trip. The car was off when I did this, but when taking it out, the sub power wire touched the other wires that connect to the sub. Now my car is throwing pretty much ever error code (hill start asst not working, parking brake, traction control, etc.), and when plugging the subwoofer back in, it isn't working either. The subwoofer power wire fuse next to the batter doesn't seem to be blown, but I'm not sure what is going on. The car still drives completely fine, and I'd love to try and fix myself before having to drop any $ at honda.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
My first thought is that some power got sent down the speaker wires in the wrong direction; ultimately reaching the head unit (maybe).

Writing down your settings and resetting /rebooting the head unit would be my first move. After that... you can pull the associated fuse under the hood for a hard reset. Beyond that... I'd do the battery disconnect thing and cross my fingers.

Since you have the sub tapped off the battery; next time be sure to pull that fuse on the power line before connecting or disconnecting it.

Good luck with it. Fingers crossed for ya'.

Last edited: