Bumper slightly detached

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Anyone know how to fix a slightly detached bumper?or a quote to fix it?must have hit a dip and it popped out right underneath driver side head light. I tried pushing it back in but its not clicking.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper slightly detached IMG_0735.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Bumper slightly detached IMG_0736.JPG

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may have to lift up on it some. If it's all lined up it should snap back in.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Like push the bumper up then push?
Yeah it just looks like it may be hanging down a bit so you may need to raise it some to get it back in line. If your dealership if half decent they'd probably take care of this for you at no charge assuming there is no real damage. However, you can probably fix it yourself.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah it just looks like it may be hanging down a bit so you may need to raise it some to get it back in line. If your dealership if half decent they'd probably take care of this for you at no charge assuming there is no real damage. However, you can probably fix it yourself.
@360glitch @ryan714 I have this same issue on my care and it's been there since I can remember. Everytime I go in for an oil change I bring it up but nothing ever came of it. Now it's over a year later so I'm just living with it until someone who has experience taking the bumper off can tell me what I need to look for when fixing it.

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
@360glitch @ryan714 I have this same issue on my care and it's been there since I can remember. Everytime I go in for an oil change I bring it up but nothing ever came of it. Now it's over a year later so I'm just living with it until someone who has experience taking the bumper off can tell me what I need to look for when fixing it.
Dealership wouldnt fix it cuz i had clear side markers installed

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@ryan714 yea they will find any reason. I had a scuff under the passenger side of the bumper from parking too close to a parking block and they denied my request even tho the bumper issue was on the driver side. They said that the part that is probably broken is part of the bumper so I would have to replace the whole bumper. I might take it apart one day and find out for sure.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Out of curiosity did you tell them those are OEM parts overseas? Probably would not have helped.

OP
OP

ryan714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Out of curiosity did you tell them those are OEM parts overseas? Probably would not have helped.
No i left the vehicle there without a word then i get a call an hour later saying it cant be worked on. They also wouldnt work on the grinding issue because apparently the technician said it was coming from the intake..bs

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No i left the vehicle there without a word then i get a call an hour later saying it cant be worked on. They also wouldnt work on the grinding issue because apparently the technician said it was coming from the intake..bs
Bs indeed. Hopefully you have another local dealership you can try.

cypress

First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Sedan EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Are you serious?? That dealer is whack. Is this going to be an issue for anyone with modded side markers?

Swordfish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
On a side note, the Civic stock sits very low. I almost never park in forward anymore due to the height. I've already incurred a few scrapes under the bumper. Since they are just scrape marks and no other damage, I put dr. colorchip as a way to seal the paint, but that's about it. I always figure at some point if I really wanted to I'll pay to have the whole front bumper completed repaired and repainted with rock chips, etc. That's why I don't clear bra or put anything. I drive highway all the time and unless you sustain serious damage it's not visible from a few feet away after touch up paint. Then if you repaint it, it'll basically be similar to the cost of a clear bra except like new.
Sponsored