Bumper issue..

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Crystal Black)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That doesn't sound fixed to me. That's the current problem I have. I can push it back in, but it always pops back out after a while of driving around.

Have you noticed if yours is fixed permanently indexcow? Did it pop back out after driving around for a while after they fixed it?
@Warren803 It did end up popping back out. The heat is making the bumper material super flexible and it won't stay clipped in any longer. They said they saw under bumper damage and that's what caused it to unclip? (its been unclipped since the day I took it off the lot but whatever) I'll have to take my front end apart when it cools down and reseat everything and possible buy a new driver side fender retainer because I think that's the culprit. When you take your car in show them this thread because they will put the blame on you for it being unclipped, hopefully this thread will make them more cooperative. Best of luck, update me on the results!
Sponsored

Warren803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
@Warren803 It did end up popping back out. The heat is making the bumper material super flexible and it won't stay clipped in any longer. They said they saw under bumper damage and that's what caused it to unclip? (its been unclipped since the day I took it off the lot but whatever) I'll have to take my front end apart when it cools down and reseat everything and possible buy a new driver side fender retainer because I think that's the culprit. When you take your car in show them this thread because they will put the blame on you for it being unclipped, hopefully this thread will make them more cooperative. Best of luck, update me on the results!
Man, that sucks. I know I've never scraped anything before, so that's BS what the dealer is telling you. The only thing I have done on my front bumper is gotten a clear bra installed, but I don't think that would have caused this. I would definitely like to fix this, but how hard is it to replace the fender retainer ourselves? Is this the clip you are talking about?

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Man, that sucks. I know I've never scraped anything before, so that's BS what the dealer is telling you. The only thing I have done on my front bumper is gotten a clear bra installed, but I don't think that would have caused this. I would definitely like to fix this, but how hard is it to replace the fender retainer ourselves? Is this the clip you are talking about?
@Warren803 http://www.ebay.com/itm/HONDA-CIVIC...ash=item3ac2990862:g:jR4AAOSwZ8ZXBcVq&vxp=mtr
There is a link to the passenger side. Basically it looks like that brackets job is to hold those corners in place that keep popping out for us, so I suspect this to be the culprit.

uokrol

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic WOP Ex-T, 2014 Subaru Legacy 2.5i
Country flag
Funny because mine popped out also. Was just driving and when i went to park noticed it. Didn't hit anything also. Mine is on the drivers side.

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Funny because mine popped out also. Was just driving and when i went to park noticed it. Didn't hit anything also. Mine is on the drivers side.
@uokrol I have the black and in this 110 degree weather my bumper turns to putty, I don't expect it to stay clipped in when it can hardly retain itts shape lol i'll definity have to wait until the next season to address this.

Warren803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
That is a pretty big clip. I'm not sure I want to mess with that. I was hoping we were talking about a small clip that wouldn't require the removal of the bumper. I don't know if I want to attempt a bumper removal.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Hello guys! I noticed on my passenger's bumper side is uneven. My buddy said normally in this case, you could just push onto the bumper and it should fall back into place. Tried to push it back into place but it does not work. I just had a clear bra installed on the bumper and the installer said he couldn't do anything to fix the problem either. The installer things a bolt is loose on that side. Any ideas on what might be causing this? Going to take the car into the dealership sometime next week to have them look at it.

Heres a gfycat of the uneven-ness.

Edit #1; I'll post another gfycat with flash on and more angles.

https://gfycat.com/TestyGiddyAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam

Edit #2; https://gfycat.com/BothRashGannet

Edit #3; if its anything, I did change the fog lights. Could that be the reason why?
sounds like they busted one or more of the clips..Happened when my bumper was removed..Just order one from Honda.. Mine cost like $14. Funny well not funny was also my passenger side clip that got broken.

tjinhalifax

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
I'm relieved to see the posts about this issue. I just drove on a longer trip and had noticed there being somewhat of a space between the bumper and the headlights but on the driver side it has really popped out now. Heard popping it back in isn't really a good idea as you could break the clips in the back that are supposed to hold it so I will bring it back to Honda to fix....

SHI2RG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I went to the dealership.
They say it is my problem and they will not fix this under warranty. They felt under the bumper cover and said that I may have parked over the pavement.
They even suggested that I may want to change the bumper cover altogether at their body shop. Wonder if the Honda quality is deteriorating by the year..

SHI2RG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
Generally the bumper cover sits on top of the clip (at least that is how on my yaris). I am guessing the groove on the cover is not sticking on the extrusion of the clip.So try lifting the cover while pushing it in and then try inserting a plastic card to make the cover sit on the clip. I'll try on mine and let you know the outcome shortly..

indexcow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went to the dealership.
They say it is my problem and they will not fix this under warranty. They felt under the bumper cover and said that I may have parked over the pavement.
They even suggested that I may want to change the bumper cover altogether at their body shop. Wonder if the Honda quality is deteriorating by the year..
@SHI2RG They said that I scraped my bumper also and that it was my fault. :/

Warren803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Issue seems to have been resolved by the dealer.

I took my car in for some other work and asked them to take a look at the bumper. They diagnosed it and said the bracket underneath the bumper was not staying clipped to the bumper and they had to order me a new bracket. The part number that dick w quoted above is the same one they ordered for me, 71198-TBA-A00.

They replaced the bracket over a week ago and the bumper seems to be holding in place. Previously pushing it back in only resolved it for a day or two until it worked itself out again.

Weather has been slightly cooler this last week, though we've still had some pretty hot days here. I do believe it has passed the weather/heat test. Bumper still seems to be holding in place, so I do believe them replacing the bracket has resolved the issue.

This was covered under warranty at no charge to me.

Warren803

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Looks like I spoke too soon. Seemed to have been fixed for a week, but noticed yesterday that it looks like it's popping back out again. Not as bad as it was originally, but definitely looks like it's starting to work itself loose again. Will keep an eye on it, but it does not appear that the fix held.

reneso

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX, 2015 Honda CRV EXL
I have the same bumper issue on the driver side and the panel on the trunk door keeps coming unglued. Fortunately, I got the LX. I would be absolutely angry if this was happening on a Touring or anything above an LX. I took it to the dealer who supposedly fixed the issue. I also open a case with Honda customer support directly because I also have a paint issue. Not happy with the new Civic at all. Looks nice, but the quality is clearly crap. Let's hope the engine doesn't die before I replace it.
Sponsored