DaViln1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I’ll preface my questions by mentioning that I am a total car novice. I would love to learn more but due to my circumstances I don’t really have the time to deeply research. The other day my tire popped on the freeway which caused a little damage to the front bumper. It’s fine aside from missing clips, the lining part above the wheel, and a missing side marker. I’ve previously replaced the side marker and noticed that one side already had some clips and a screw missing as well as a very thin crack along the frame of the bumper near the headlight, from the previous owner (bought the car used). I thought I would take this opportunity to just replace the bumper with one from a different model. Now obviously my car is made as a reliable daily commuter rather than a speed/power based track car so any change would purely be cosmetic with little interest in upgrade to performance. That being said, I also don’t want the cosmetic change to be over the top, insinuating that there’s something special going on under the hood lol. I was thinking about either the 10th gen hatchback sport’s bumper with a swapped out grille. Would that be possible with little modification? I saw many ads of the fake type r replacement which many people seem to have a good experience with but that would be something of a final choice as I feel it would draw a little more attention than I would like. Sorry for the long post and picky preferences! Any help would be appreciated!!
Sponsored

OP
OP

DaViln1

First Name
Juan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I’ll preface my questions by mentioning that I am a total car novice. I would love to learn more but due to my circumstances I don’t really have the time to deeply research. The other day my tire popped on the freeway which caused a little damage to the front bumper. It’s fine aside from missing clips, the lining part above the wheel, and a missing side marker. I’ve previously replaced the side marker and noticed that one side already had some clips and a screw missing as well as a very thin crack along the frame of the bumper near the headlight, from the previous owner (bought the car used). I thought I would take this opportunity to just replace the bumper with one from a different model. Now obviously my car is made as a reliable daily commuter rather than a speed/power based track car so any change would purely be cosmetic with little interest in upgrade to performance. That being said, I also don’t want the cosmetic change to be over the top, insinuating that there’s something special going on under the hood lol. I was thinking about either the 10th gen hatchback sport’s bumper with a swapped out grille. Would that be possible with little modification? I saw many ads of the fake type r replacement which many people seem to have a good experience with but that would be something of a final choice as I feel it would draw a little more attention than I would like. Sorry for the long post and picky preferences! Any help would be appreciated!!
This is my first post as well so any tips would also go a long way, thanks! :)

mrturtle8088

First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
You can swap out any of the bumpers with any 10th gen as well as the grills. There’s YouTube videos on how to take off the bumper and grills.
Sponsored