Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback Sport
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Very nice! How's the brightness in person for blue?
Well it's perfect at night, which is the only time you ever really need it. I wouldn't recommend it for the map lights, though. Red is awesome for those, even though you need a smaller bulb.
Sponsored

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Alright, so I just got a set of panel lights from CorsoMotion, and they look fantastic! The fitment for my 2017 Civic Hatchback Sport was perfect. The LED lights I got from SuperBrightLEDS were good, no doubt, but I'm never going back to bulbs now that I have panels. Aside from being brighter, they spread the light more evenly, mainly because the LEDs aren't wasted facing away from the area actually being lit. The actual boards fit perfectly into each fixture. No shifting around. Here's a side-by-side comparison between the SBL lights and the CorsoMotion lights. You can see how much more evenly the panels on the right spread the light.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback comparison

And here are some individual photos, including closeups of the blue (dome) and red (map) light panels inside their respective fixtures. You can see how many actual LEDs are on each panel, 21 for the dome and 12 per map light. The SBL bulbs had 9 in the dome and 6 per map light. Huge difference.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3226 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3228 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3227 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3217 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3222 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3239 Honda Civic 10th gen Bulb Guide for 2017 Hatchback _MG_3241

Last edited:

Phylanx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 CRV, '17 Si Sedan
Country flag
Have the LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs or the Panels from CorsoMotion stay dimly lit when the vehicle is on and the light is in the door position. This seems to be the case for the few LED bulbs I've tried out.

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Have the LEDs from SuperBrightLEDs or the Panels from CorsoMotion stay dimly lit when the vehicle is on and the light is in the door position. This seems to be the case for the few LED bulbs I've tried out.
Everything is working the way it should. I didn't have problems with the SuperBrightLEDs, but I like the CorsoMotion panels better, so they have won a permanent spot in The Pork Chop Express.

ezkarabetis

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just got and installed my set from CorsoMotion. I got the 5000k LEDs all around. It is definitely much brighter than the other LED bulb I had.
That's awesome. You posting photos?

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
Possibly a stupid question, but is it easy to access these bulbs without damaging the surround - flat blade screwdriver and twist for example?

Thanks,

Al.

MugenCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 10th Sedan
Country flag
before you use any tools, you should put some protection tapes such as painters tapes, and use flat headed driver ?

This is what I used to open my cover without the damage.

painters tape ;)

atom3624

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Prestige
Country flag
Thanks.
Last thing I want is to damage something just making it 'a little brighter'.

Al.