Building my Batmobile

THwhOR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 1.5 Turbo Touring
I really like the blacked out back emblem.. But I think I like chrome on the front to break up the black a bit.. I'm wondering if it would be weird to have one blacked out and not the other.. hmmm :/
Sponsored

OP
OP
froggydogg

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
I really like the blacked out back emblem.. But I think I like chrome on the front to break up the black a bit.. I'm wondering if it would be weird to have one blacked out and not the other.. hmmm :/
My original plan was to have the front emblem remain chrome, but once it was black it really took a liking to it and I think it adds to the aggressiveness. I was contemplating doing both emblems in yellow too.

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
Actually, while I like Batman, I'm not a HUGE fan (Though he is my favorite DC character). I'm just a comic book geek in general, lol. I've got a collection of action figures etc., and this is just an extension of that.

The projectors were very easy, and cheap too. These are battery-operated (though you can hardwire other models) so "installation" was a breeze.
https://www.amazon.com/LAFEINA-Universal-Projector-Shadow-Light-Bat/dp/B016LT338E
These were very easy to put on, thanks for the link! I chose the Honda logo and I think it looks really nice! The only thing I'm thinking of doing is painting the magnet black or covering it with electrical tape so it doesn't stand out so much when the door is open. Otherwise what an easy, inexpensive ($9.50) thing to do that makes it look kinda cool. And since I'm on a lease, it will be easy to remove them.

OP
OP
froggydogg

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
These were very easy to put on, thanks for the link! I chose the Honda logo and I think it looks really nice! The only thing I'm thinking of doing is painting the magnet black or covering it with electrical tape so it doesn't stand out so much when the door is open. Otherwise what an easy, inexpensive ($9.50) thing to do that makes it look kinda cool. And since I'm on a lease, it will be easy to remove them.
The only thing I did to mine was swap 3M body mounting tape for the knockoff adhesive they came with, as it wasn't the best. They fell off one extremely hot day, but the 3M has held to even hotter temps, with no ill effects at all. Maybe since you lease that may not be what you're looking for.

Glad you like them. People really seem to get a kick out of them.

OP
OP
froggydogg

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I upgraded the map and trunk lights to LED with the exLED kit. In the dome light I opted instead to use a JDM Astar blue LED for effect (which I love!), while the exLEDs in the map lights are for when actual illumination is needed. The blue goes very well with the blue instrument cluster/Bat Computer wallpaper, as well as the blue Batman logos from the door projectors. Ties it all together nicely. I'll post some photos when the opportunity arises.

I've got a set of LED vanity mirror bulbs on order that should fit, and a roll of tint film came in that I'll be tinting my sidemarkers with when the weather forecast is better. I'm also really trying to decide if a cold air intake is worth the investment, and if so which one to go with.

skittles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport and 2013 370Z sport
Vehicle Showcase
Yesterday I upgraded the map and trunk lights to LED with the exLED kit. In the dome light I opted instead to use a JDM Astar blue LED for effect (which I love!), while the exLEDs in the map lights are for when actual illumination is needed. The blue goes very well with the blue instrument cluster/Bat Computer wallpaper, as well as the blue Batman logos from the door projectors. Ties it all together nicely. I'll post some photos when the opportunity arises.

I've got a set of LED vanity mirror bulbs on order that should fit, and a roll of tint film came in that I'll be tinting my sidemarkers with when the weather forecast is better. I'm also really trying to decide if a cold air intake is worth the investment, and if so which one to go with.
You've been busy....Yeah, why does everyone rush out and change their exhaust and get cold air intakes??? I'm not a mechanic or really know anything about this stuff.. My husband says don't get one.:dunno:

ajacks101

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Koz McBloo 2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
The only thing I did to mine was swap 3M body mounting tape for the knockoff adhesive they came with, as it wasn't the best. They fell off one extremely hot day, but the 3M has held to even hotter temps, with no ill effects at all. Maybe since you lease that may not be what you're looking for.

Glad you like them. People really seem to get a kick out of them.
Which 3M body mounting tape did you get if you don't mind me asking? My passenger side one keeps falling off, probably because of the heat like you said. I imagine i'd be able to wash off any tape glue at the end of the lease if I needed to. I love these lights! Such a great addition!

OP
OP
froggydogg

froggydogg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EXT
Vehicle Showcase
You've been busy....Yeah, why does everyone rush out and change their exhaust and get cold air intakes??? I'm not a mechanic or really know anything about this stuff.. My husband says don't get one.:dunno:
From my research, they don't provide much more than a cool sound. The performance boost from these intakes is negligible at best from what I've seen, but that sound is cool. I'm just not sure if it's ~$250 cool or not.

Which 3M body mounting tape did you get if you don't mind me asking? My passenger side one keeps falling off, probably because of the heat like you said. I imagine i'd be able to wash off any tape glue at the end of the lease if I needed to. I love these lights! Such a great addition!
It is '3M Super Strength Molding Tape' with a 2 in the upper right corner. I got it for about $11 at the local auto parts store, but later found it at the hardware store quite a bit cheaper. I'll bet Walmart would be even cheaper still. Works great. I accidentally kicked one and I'll bet the plastic would break before the tape failed.

rayben

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Nice car m8, looks great!!! Enjoy the ride.

P.S. - don't you need a sidekick or something? :D
Sponsored