Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback)

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
Indeed. She’s got more expensive tastes than me to say the least lol. It’s a really good blend of being a great sports car, but something you can live with and daily drive. I’m still trying to convince her to let me take it out to the canyons and thrash on it, but it’s a no-go so far ?
I nearly rented a 6MT Camaro ZL1 1LE with 650hp, 650tq to take to the canyons...I'm really glad I didn't, and enjoyed a humble little 155hp Miata because I would've definitely taken liberties!
Sponsored

Gherbo23

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic hatchback sport
Country flag
I finally got fed up with my exhaust drone and went to my shop for a solution. They suggested a round Magnaflow muffler and piping they’ve seen work for other customers. I dropped my car off yesterday and let them get to work. They came up with a nice setup that keeps the OEM style dual outlet. You can barely notice it’s aftermarket.

CECF57C4-C3DC-497B-89D3-0349BA003E21.jpeg

Close up look:
A08990A7-DE15-48B8-BC7B-B00412858B5C.jpeg

The result:
Ding dong, the drone is gone! This completely took away all the drone out of the cabin, even at highway speed. The tone is deep and mellow. It’s louder than stock, but not remotely obnoxious. Sounds really good when it rips and quiet as a church mouse when creeping past the cops. I was initially going to get a Greddy cat back, but I’m glad I went this route. It was a very inexpensive solution.
been popping in and out of this thread. I remember you had a straight piped catback setup on stock tubing, is this just one muffler to split tips? Can we get a sound clip? I'm looking to change my setup but haven't found a catback I think sounds good and deep

Christianjwong

First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civic hatchback sport
Country flag
After driving around a bit longer with the new coils, I can honestly say the acceleration of the car has improved. Absolutely no doubt there anymore. I haven’t driven enough to see if my fuel economy has improved since I mostly have done city driving. The tone of the engine has also changed a little and sounds deeper, but this also has increased the amount of drone in the cabin. Gotta fix that soon.

Unfortunately, during my work I was backing my car out around my other cars and clipped my garage. This did a lot of damage to the front bumper cover and I had to get it replaced. While I was at it, I added a CTR style front lip to cover the damage to the OEM lip.

EB89029D-1103-4012-8750-8A32A8B0EA93.jpeg

Looks nice in the image, but turns out the bumper is a very different shade of sonic pearl gray. I had the color matched to my old OEM mirror caps for accuracy, but turns out the mirror caps aren’t even the same color as the car! Some research shows Honda has like 5 variations of the SPG color and my car is probably the darkest of them. I’ll have to take her to a paint shop and get the front cover repainted. It’s a damn shame because the job done before looked absolutely beautiful.

I’m not happy about spending so much money on repairs caused by my own carelessness, but such is life. She’ll be back together and looking/driving better than before.
What are you referring to as coils? When I hear coils I think of coilovers. Keep in mind I'm new here?

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport CVT
Country flag
been popping in and out of this thread. I remember you had a straight piped catback setup on stock tubing, is this just one muffler to split tips? Can we get a sound clip? I'm looking to change my setup but haven't found a catback I think sounds good and deep
Yes, I had it’s straight piped on the stock 2in diameter. Then I added a Magnaflow resonators. Then I added this custom axel back. Correct it’s just one muffler with dual tips. I actually have a sound clip. Check the video below. In person it sounds almost exactly like Magnaflow’s cat back system for the FK7, but slightly more throaty.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Ooo which ones did you get the ones from Pro Civic?
I’m using Holley/MSD #8249. They’re listed as only being for the Fit and Type R, but they will fit the 1.5L turbo clips pigtails with a firm shove. I’ve ran them without issues, but others have reported they premature failures because Holley’s QC has gone to crap. I haven’t observed any negative impact from using them. I have seen they smooth out my idle, improve throttle response a tiny bit, produce a deeper engine note, and I can rev slightly higher. From recent logs I have seen a 2 PSI increase (14 - 16) from running stock coils, but I haven’t been able to consistently see this, so it was probably just a one-off bump. I wouldn’t recommend them if you’re not running stock intake and intercooler. It’s unlikely you’ll see any change that justifies the $200.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The build just keeps going. It’s becoming more apparent the stock brakes on my car just won’t cut it for stopping power on spirited driving. After some deliberation I’m going with the OEM Civic SI Nissin calipers and the Stoptech kit for the SI. This should all fit with a little modification. Got my Stoptech stuff yesterday and the calipers should be arriving tomorrow.

Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) EF5ED4E8-5383-4531-8354-192F8D0E28A5

Now I’m trying to decide if I want to paint the calipers or not. At the very least I might just paint them metallic and leave it at that. I was tempted to got with a BBK, but for my power and usage, the SI style kit should be more enough.

Thanks to another user here, I was able to score a Mugen diffuser. I was thinking about getting the 2020 Sport diffuser, but this one just pops on and doesn’t require removing the bumper.
Honda Civic 10th gen Building a Better Civic (2019 FK7 Sport Hatchback) 6CFDD87F-490F-40A5-9D7A-0F1927282812

I’ve got it clear coated now. A cut/buff tomorrow and it should be ready to install.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback CVT
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Rev9 and upgrading the stock pipes. I can't justify dropping 1000 bucks on the intercooler upgrade alone. Loving this build a ton!

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Been thinking about pulling the trigger on a Rev9 and upgrading the stock pipes. I can't justify dropping 1000 bucks on the intercooler upgrade alone. Loving this build a ton!
Thanks! I was thinking about upgrading the pipes too, but it’s more work and money than I was willing to spend right now. I’m not a fan of plastic pipes after the charge pipe on my M235i cracked.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Thanks! I was thinking about upgrading the pipes too, but it’s more work and money than I was willing to spend right now. I’m not a fan of plastic pipes after the charge pipe on my M235i cracked.
I think Rev9 has a good piping kit for around 170 so I've been eyeing it. I love how far you've pushed it on the stock tune, you've really found some good ways to improve that I don't see commonly on here. I pulled the trigger on Ktuner a few months back and have been running the dual map and love it.

OP
OP
Feddy_Ace

Feddy_Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I think Rev9 has a good piping kit for around 170 so I've been eyeing it. I love how far you've pushed it on the stock tune, you've really found some good ways to improve that I don't see commonly on here. I pulled the trigger on Ktuner a few months back and have been running the dual map and love it.
I love tuning in the classic sense, but I do think I'm making the decision to remap soon. Partially to smooth out some engine hiccups I'm seeing right now. Partially because I at least want to see the potential unlocked a little more. I think a good 210 HP would be perfect power for my girl. After the brake upgrade, a I'm leaning towards a conservative OTS tune to start and see if I like it.

bmfontdevila

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
I love tuning in the classic sense, but I do think I'm making the decision to remap soon. Partially to smooth out some engine hiccups I'm seeing right now. Partially because I at least want to see the potential unlocked a little more. I think a good 210 HP would be perfect power for my girl. After the brake upgrade, a I'm leaning towards a conservative OTS tune to start and see if I like it.
I think you'll thoroughly enjoy it. I got a Ktuner V2 and I've just been using basemaps and making little adjustments

Unity Performance

Elite Sponsor
First Name
Humza
Threads
Reaction score
Website
unity-performance.com
Vehicle(s)
Current Fleet: 18 Si, 20 FK8, 23 FL5
Country flag
The build just keeps going. It’s becoming more apparent the stock brakes on my car just won’t cut it for stopping power on spirited driving. After some deliberation I’m going with the OEM Civic SI Nissin calipers and the Stoptech kit for the SI. This should all fit with a little modification. Got my Stoptech stuff yesterday and the calipers should be arriving tomorrow.

EF5ED4E8-5383-4531-8354-192F8D0E28A5.jpeg

Now I’m trying to decide if I want to paint the calipers or not. At the very least I might just paint them metallic and leave it at that. I was tempted to got with a BBK, but for my power and usage, the SI style kit should be more enough.

Thanks to another user here, I was able to score a Mugen diffuser. I was thinking about getting the 2020 Sport diffuser, but this one just pops on and doesn’t require removing the bumper.
6CFDD87F-490F-40A5-9D7A-0F1927282812.jpeg

I’ve got it clear coated now. A cut/buff tomorrow and it should be ready to install.
Wowza, is that the ST-40 BBK?