Building a 10th Gen (In your garage)

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
Due to there being an ridiculously low number of 6MT sport hatchbacks available in my area and a seemingly infinite long wait time to get myself a civic. An facetious idea popped in my head... Why don't i just buy all the parts and assemble the civic in my garage...

So, i got on honda's e-store for parts and started tallying up what everything would cost. Needless to say... your'e going to spend more, a LOT MORE. My dreams of having the pride of building my own civic died. So, it's back to the official white orchid pearl thread to day dream about when my car will finally get a dealer delivery date.
Sponsored

anntrn93

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch Sport Touring
Due to there being an ridiculously low number of 6MT sport hatchbacks available in my area and a seemingly infinite long wait time to get myself a civic. An facetious idea popped in my head... Why don't i just buy all the parts and assemble the civic in my garage...

So, i got on honda's e-store for parts and started tallying up what everything would cost. Needless to say... your'e going to spend more, a LOT MORE. My dreams of having the pride of building my own civic died. So, it's back to the official white orchid pearl thread to day dream about when my car will finally get a dealer delivery date.
If you want it that bad to the point where you thought about building one your own...why don't you just buy a one way plane ticket to a dealer that has one in stock and drive back?

OP
OP

jluff007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Toyota 4 Runner Limited, 2017 Honda Civic HB Sport
Country flag
If you want it that bad to the point where you thought about building one your own...why don't you just buy a one way plane ticket to a dealer that has one in stock and drive back?
Easy... Because my wife is 40weeks pregnant and i dont want to miss the birth of my first child for a car. If i'm at a dealer locally and she goes into labor it's a lot easier to say, we gotta do this another day... kind of hard to get back home or to the hopspital when i'm out of state. haha

The idea was something comical in my head that would imo be fun to do as well. i never thought about it as a serious option. :)

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you're gonna build something in your garage... Do it right.
http://www.factoryfive.com/

The 818 uses a 2004-2007 Subaru WRX (non STI) donor car. RWD, Mid-engine, Subaru Boxer powered, light-weight, tire shredding monster.
Honda Civic 10th gen Building a 10th Gen (In your garage) 1DPM22780-694x413

Of course the classic Cobra. My friend has one of these with a Ford crate motor. 5.0L 302 high output crate, puts out 430hp or something. His car makes me feel sick at full throttle. The acceleration is faster than anything I've been in.
Honda Civic 10th gen Building a 10th Gen (In your garage) 55A1603-694x413

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He just said his wife is about to pop out a kid so I'm guessing neither of those options is going to fly. I see 7 white ones in the country right now on Autotrader, but there are also several that have no color posted as of yet. I'd keep watching that.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
He just said his wife is about to pop out a kid so I'm guessing neither of those options is going to fly. I see 7 white ones in the country right now on Autotrader, but there are also several that have no color posted as of yet. I'd keep watching that.
I know where a new WOP 6MT Sport will be between 4/12-16. :drive:

CombsCivicHatch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
If you want to build a civic, pick up an eg,ek, or em shell and throw a k24 in it. Unless of course you want one of the newer gens, then I can't help you there.
Sponsored