Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Without having to remove anything, is there any way to get the dead bug carcasses out of the intercooler?

TIA
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
What about carefully using a vacuum cleaner with a small, soft brush attachment? Then following that up with a wash from a garden hose w/sprayer. I just wonder if a presure washer might damage (bend) the intercooler's fins.

the8rotor

Banned
Banned
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Type R
Country flag
What about carefully using a vacuum cleaner with a small, soft brush attachment? Then following that up with a wash from a garden hose w/sprayer. I just wonder if a presure washer might damage (bend) the intercooler's fins.
I would never use a pressure washer aimed directly at an fmic, condensor, or radiator.

OP, you could use some light air pressure from an air nozzle as well.

The Vyzitor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Sport FK7, 2010 VW GTI MKVI
Country flag
Soak with bug & tar remover
agitate with a SOFT bristle brush
rinse with a gentle stream of water
A vacuum with a bristled tip is a good idea as well.

But stiff bristles and pressure washers can bend the fins.

OP
OP

Gotch

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Si
Country flag
Thanks for the ideas. My worry about power washer is driving me bugs deeper and also bending fins.

Fit2Hatch

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Take it for what its worth.

For protection from debris, I use .062" dia. x 1/4" square stainless weave cloth, install/secure behind OEM grill opening. So majority of debris is generally kept out. I have that on my Fit, Hatchback and C6 Corvette.

I previously used my gas power high pressure washer but due to excessive noise in morning hours when I wash car, I have been using an electric Kranzle 1322 the past two years and that is a pure joy. Also use Master Blaster to blow dry car.

Been pressure wash cars for decades, and never ran into problems with bending fins on condenser, radiator, and the 27WON FMIC's fins/bars are definitely more stout than OEM IC and my new Koyorad sits behind the condenser. Pressurized water has to penetrate through the 1/4" square stainless weave cloth first, also kept pressurized water at a safe distance, so I believe condenser, radiator and FMIC will continue not be harm and continue to enjoy debris free components after wash.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Take it for what its worth.

For protection from debris, I use .062" dia. x 1/4" square stainless weave cloth, install/secure behind OEM grill opening. So majority of debris is generally kept out. I have that on my Fit, Hatchback and C6 Corvette.

I previously used my gas power high pressure washer but due to excessive noise in morning hours when I wash car, I have been using an electric Kranzle 1322 the past two years and that is a pure joy. Also use Master Blaster to blow dry car.

Been pressure wash cars for decades, and never ran into problems with bending fins on condenser, radiator, and the 27WON FMIC's fins/bars are definitely more stout than OEM IC and my new Koyorad sits behind the condenser. Pressurized water has to penetrate through the 1/4" square stainless weave cloth first, also kept pressurized water at a safe distance, so I believe condenser, radiator and FMIC will continue not be harm and continue to enjoy debris free components after wash.
I live in Florida which is bug central ( love bugs mostly) I’ve used a electric power washer too clean out the Intercooler and never had a problem also

Guitar_stitch

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI, 2006 Honda Element, 2006 Chevy Express
Country flag
I live in Florida which is bug central ( love bugs mostly) I’ve used a electric power washer too clean out the Intercooler and never had a problem also
Third. NE Florida sweller here, frequently using my pressure washer in "taboo" places on my vehicles. Never had a problem that wasn't tied to something else failing (like the bad spark plug boots on my 2001 Hyundai).

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
Third. NE Florida sweller here, frequently using my pressure washer in "taboo" places on my vehicles. Never had a problem that wasn't tied to something else failing (like the bad spark plug boots on my 2001 Hyundai).
I’m in south west Florida the love bugs were worst last year every day I had to clean the car this year isn’t that bad maybe their afraid of the virus
Sponsored