Budget/Low-tech way to secure a sub box in a Civic Si Coupe

IByrdl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
20 Si Sedan
Country flag
Hey guys, quick question for someone who is about to add an Alpine MRV-MR250 and sub to my stock Si System. I plan on upgrading the 4 6.5 speakers and running them off the factory amp, however I was planning on using my Alpine 250 and a kicker sub that is rated for it. My main question is it appears the MR250 does not have auto remote turn on signal sensing from the speaker level input like the 500 model. I wanted to know if anyone with the factory amp knows if there is a remote turn on wire for the factory amp, or do i have to run a remote turn on wire ALL the way to the head unit. From what I understand the factory amp is in the back seat near the trunk and that would be far easier to tap into.
Just to update you, the remote turn on does indeed work from the HL inputs! I tapped into the Front Left speaker wire just after the amp and spliced it with the Front Left of the Alpine HL input adapter. We didn't end up doing anything with the amp as it was already mounted to my sub box and we were running low on time.
Sponsored

Conika

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si
Country flag
Just to update you, the remote turn on does indeed work from the HL inputs!
Thanks for the update my friend! I should have updated my reply and it does work as a remote turn on. I posted my entire set up and review of the civic Si stereo upgrade I did in the Si forum. Check it out bud!