billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR, 92 Integra track rat
Country flag
Hey guys, I recently bought the 27won shift knob and it sits a bit higher than stock. In order to bring it home, I started checking out short shifters. I didn’t see much info on the buddy club unit other than, it’s a little shorter throw and drops the height a bit. This is perfect for me since I’m not looking for anything too fancy and won’t spend a ton on a shifter.
That said, I’m a frugal man and saw the buddy club unit in my price range. Normally $180+ shipping, so generally $200. I figured I’d do some more hunting and deal digging and found buddy club offloading them on eBay for $100 shipped. I wanted to share for others who aren’t trying to drop half a grand on a shifter. https://www.ebay.com/itm/184199127095
Sponsored

Rasy

First Name
Rasy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW #15337
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Did you end up getting this?

OP
OP

billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you end up getting this?
Yes. Just showed up yesterday. Haven’t installed yet. Came with buddyclub hologram sticker on it. Seems legit. Install seems like a pain so not sure when I’ll tackle it. For 100 bucks, certainly can’t complain. I wouldn’t pay more for a shifter.

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
Yes. Just showed up yesterday. Haven’t installed yet. Came with buddyclub hologram sticker on it. Seems legit. Install seems like a pain so not sure when I’ll tackle it. For 100 bucks, certainly can’t complain. I wouldn’t pay more for a shifter.
I wonder how much shorter this one is compared to the 2020 shifter; that one is like 30-40 bucks...

OP
OP

billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I’m curious as well but it seems like you may need additional parts beyond the lever. That’s what swayed me away from switching to 2020. ?

tinyman392

First Name
Marcus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R (RR)
Country flag
I’m curious as well but it seems like you may need additional parts beyond the lever. That’s what swayed me away from switching to 2020. ?
The shifter itself will drop your knob height about 1”. If you use a different shift knob locking nut (like the Civic Si which is like 10 bucks, or the 2020 Type R’s at 40 bucks) it’ll drop it another ⅜“.

Edit: note that if you use the 2020 Type R’s knob, you’d need to use its shift boot as well.

02SilverSiHB

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah I have this shifter. I only got it to drop the height of that Honda access knob I had at the time as it sat too high.

Buddy club shifter will answer your issue if that's what you're looking for.

If you want a shorter throw...it's not the answer...I'd advise acuity for that

OP
OP

billabongrob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Installed today. Shifter sits lower. I’m pairing this with the 27WON shift knob. I wanted something more like the original integra type r/GSR knobs and it fit the bill. It tilts the shifter a bit toward the driver so it’s no longer straight up and down. It’s not too shabby. I look forward to driving the car, which is a rarity during pandemic times. Will report back in case anyone cares about my random ramblings.
Sponsored