Anyone ever use the Browser?
Sponsored

dmitri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si sedan
Country flag
Finding it largely useless, given that you must a) have a wifi connection, and b) not be driving. Any time both of those conditions are met, I would normally not be sitting in my car in the first place. :)

The phone is much easier to use for web browsing IMO.

ne0guri

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 White Orchid Pearl Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
really wish I can hack the unit so that I can stream movies or something if I was waiting in the car

9civic10

First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic si
Could you not use MirrorLink from your phone ?
Oh or does the new one not have an HDMI port ? Come to think of it , I don't think it does

Wizerud

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mini Clubman S All4
Can it not use your smartphone's LTE connection? It might be useful if you're in your car waiting around for someone or whatever.

Rayve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 white Civic VTI-LX (Touring equivalent)
Country flag
Occasionally if I am sitting in a carpark I will watch youtube videos on it. Many businesses have free wifi without a password. My model does have a HDMI socket so I can use mirrorlink to watch movies straight from my phone too.

lowrysam

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Coupe (Black) w/ HFP package
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Is it just me or is anyone else missing the browser from their 2018 Civic Si Coupe? I can get connected to Wi-Fi. But when I bring up the apps, there is only the APK Install and Downloads apps. Everything else that I have seen online and in YouTube videos of other Civic owners is missing.

ClemsonPatriot

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
really wish I can hack the unit so that I can stream movies or something if I was waiting in the car
There are ways. This is one example.

http://www.civicx.com/threads/has-a...da-the-other-models-theres-is-an-option.2600/

As much as I wish to be able to watch a movie or browse the web (obviously the person in the passenger seat would be doing all this, not me the driver) I am hesitant to do so. I tried once and also panicked because I though I messed up the system, so I reset all the infotainment settings and have not attempted doing so again. There are other methods people have tried. But again, I am not recommending any of them.
Sponsored