Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback Sport
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hey yall,
So last night I was attempting to install my 20mm wheel spacers. I got the front done and was wrapping up. I was tightening the last nut (the locking nut of course) and I snapped it before I even put much pressure on it. I was only using the lug wrench provided with the spare tire, nothing else.

I'm rather annoyed. I took it to my mechanic to get it taken off/fixed before I messed it up more. Told them to just take off the spacers too since my inspection is coming up and they aren't legal. As soon as that inspection is over, they're going right back on because it looks so good. Live and learn i guess.

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken lug nut 20220510_202141

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken lug nut 20220510_202138

decocamber

First Name
scot reilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
When I cross threaded my lug nut, I just ended up drilling the whole stud out with a drill bit about the size as the stud itself. Leave it as a last resort method, but it works nearly every time.

Last edited:

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
Your problem was the spacers needed the extended studs.

jakdotdot

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI
Country flag
Your problem was the spacers needed the extended studs.
Going by the picture, doubtful. I'd wager the spacers he using comes with its own studs (factory studs bolt to the spacer, spacer studs bolt to wheel).

Hmm do the spacer studs stick out further than the factory studs? If so, you might need open ended lugs or different locking lugs.
Sponsored