fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 FK8 2003 DC5S 1994 CD5
Country flag
To any folks changing the front rotors careful with the front hard brakelines going into the brake caliper. bent the tip (screw tip to the caliper driver side) and is now leaking. I got no brakes now. SAD! after the rotor is installed make sure to be aware of where that hard brakeline is. I think I must have bent it while torquing the caliper bolts the the bracket back in. I didnt see it and my dumbass mistake. you live and you learn. just curious how a rubber brakeline connects now to hardline vs then, hard to rubber. Never happened on my DC5 or installing my Spoon calipers :(
Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Left Hand Front Hard Brake Line To Brembo Screen Shot 2020-04-20 at 11.09.53 PM
Sponsored

Last edited:

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Did you unbolt the little bracket (small 10mm bolt) that holds the solid line in place on the caliper mounting point? I had to remove that before I could even get the damn caliper off the pads lol. Then I just hung the caliper by some wire on the springs. It was kind of in the way when putting the caliper back on with fresh rotors and pads but I didn't secure it back onto the bracket until everything else was done.

OP
OP
fk8dc5s

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Did you unbolt the little bracket (small 10mm bolt) that holds the solid line in place on the caliper mounting point? I had to remove that before I could even get the damn caliper off the pads lol. Then I just hung the caliper by some wire on the springs. It was kind of in the way when putting the caliper back on with fresh rotors and pads but I didn't secure it back onto the bracket until everything else was done.
Yea. I took off the line, everything was fine until i tightened the caliper bolts to the bracket with a decent sized torque wrench (craftsman) while pressing down to tighten I must have caught it

AdamD19DFK8

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 FK8 Type R, 2007 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Yea. I took off the line, everything was fine until i tightened the caliper bolts to the bracket with a decent sized torque wrench (craftsman) while pressing down to tighten I must have caught it
Oh damn :(. Yeah there's not much room to manuever a torque wrench and apply the 110ft/lbs. Unless you have a lift or get really tall Jack stands. I've got some cheap harbor freight ones and I won't set the car as high as it can go, I'll leave a few teeth under where I set it. My torque wrench is around 2ft long I think. I had the wrench on the driver's side pointing outward to the front of the car and had like 3 inches of travel before I had to reset. I don't remember if I pointed it to the front on the passenger side to pull up or the other way to push down. Either way it sucks applying that much torque in that little of space. Sorry to hear you bent it, I'm not sure of a fix other than a direct replacement

OP
OP
fk8dc5s

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Oh damn :(. Yeah there's not much room to manuever a torque wrench and apply the 110ft/lbs. Unless you have a lift or get really tall Jack stands. I've got some cheap harbor freight ones and I won't set the car as high as it can go, I'll leave a few teeth under where I set it. My torque wrench is around 2ft long I think. I had the wrench on the driver's side pointing outward to the front of the car and had like 3 inches of travel before I had to reset. I don't remember if I pointed it to the front on the passenger side to pull up or the other way to push down. Either way it sucks applying that much torque in that little of space. Sorry to hear you bent it, I'm not sure of a fix other than a direct replacement
It Is direct replacement. just ordered the part yesterday and the right side as well (just in case). sucks but just putting it out there to help other folks, these lines once bent even a little, are pretty much done. my fault in the end. :(

Si_chRis

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 Honda Civic Si, 2018 Honda Civic Type R
Country flag
Stainless steel front brakes lines are an option. I know Goodridge makes a front kit for the FK8.

OP
OP
fk8dc5s

fk8dc5s

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Update. if anyone plans to order these here in the West Coast. expect a 5-7 day wait as this part is not readily available to most dealers here yet. Ordered the rubber hose too since I have mine currently clamped with 2 vice grips (just in case if it gets damaged while gripped) and it came next day after ordering Friday past noon. go figure.
Part numbers for the steel lines since no image is offered when browsing online parts stores.
46336-TGH-A00 (Pipe G, L Brake) $8.93
46335-TGH-A00 (Pipe G, R Brake) $8.93
Sponsored