Broken Latch on Center Console Armrest

mtmanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
I might’ve pulled on the latch on my center console a bit too hard, and the latch broke. The spring came out along with some other pieces, and I don’t think I’ll be able to put it back onto the lid. I’ve searched up just the armrest cover, but I can’t find any items with just the lid of the armrest, only the whole center console. Anyone have this problem or maybe replaced their cover due to other circumstances and have bought a specific part?
Sponsored

Brobb006

First Name
Brittany
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Country flag
I might’ve pulled on the latch on my center console a bit too hard, and the latch broke. The spring came out along with some other pieces, and I don’t think I’ll be able to put it back onto the lid. I’ve searched up just the armrest cover, but I can’t find any items with just the lid of the armrest, only the whole center console. Anyone have this problem or maybe replaced their cover due to other circumstances and have bought a specific part?
This just happened to my 2016 civic too! Basically the middle spring came out and I’ve tried to get the spring under the latch and snap it back in while also holding the side latches in but it’s a pain and I haven’t been able to. It makes it so annoying to try to get open!

Anyways, I had it at the dealership for an oil change and asked if they would take a look and try to fix it. They ended up telling me that they would have to replace the whole armrest and it would cost $345.89 for them to do. $213.90 for the arm rest and $131.99 for labor. I immediately told them no thanks.

But I’ve been looking online some and hondapartsnow sells the armrest for $90ish. I’m honestly not sure how complicated it is to remove the old and replace it but if you wanted to do it yourself I’m sure you could find out how on YouTube or something.

Hope this helps somewhat! And hopefully someone else who has dealt with this can offer more advice!

OP
OP

mtmanny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016
Country flag
This just happened to my 2016 civic too! Basically the middle spring came out and I’ve tried to get the spring under the latch and snap it back in while also holding the side latches in but it’s a pain and I haven’t been able to. It makes it so annoying to try to get open!

Anyways, I had it at the dealership for an oil change and asked if they would take a look and try to fix it. They ended up telling me that they would have to replace the whole armrest and it would cost $345.89 for them to do. $213.90 for the arm rest and $131.99 for labor. I immediately told them no thanks.

But I’ve been looking online some and hondapartsnow sells the armrest for $90ish. I’m honestly not sure how complicated it is to remove the old and replace it but if you wanted to do it yourself I’m sure you could find out how on YouTube or something.

Hope this helps somewhat! And hopefully someone else who has dealt with this can offer more advice!
Thanks you so much for the advice! I will definitely look into hondapartsnow as 300+ just to replace the armrest is outrageous.

DTA

First Name
DTA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic
Country flag
I just posted it on another tread.

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Latch on Center Console Armrest IMG_7239

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Latch on Center Console Armrest IMG_7222

Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Latch on Center Console Armrest IMG_7238