First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
UPDATE - now they are replacing the compressor on my EX-T, but the service manager can't confirm if that is the root cause. Also they have a regional Honda rep working with them onsite on the issue. I asked him if they are replacing the compressor because that's the issue or are they replacing it as a process of elimination. He skirted the question and said that the Honda rep we're working with will make sure my vehicle is fixed properly. Won't have the vehicle back until next week. The saga continues...
They sound incompetent/apathetic, to have a brand new car out of commission for this long and to treat you this way is nuts. What dealer is this? Just so I know to never go there.
Sponsored

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Modern Steel Metallic
I got my car back this past Thursday (May 9) and the AC is nice and cold now. As I was driving it home, I thought something looked a little different about my dashboard. Then I realized that the buttons to turn on the heated seats were gone!! Then I realized that the knob for the passenger side of the dual zone climate control was just a fan speed control - not the knob to adjust the passenger's temperature. All of the controls on that panel had been replaced with the controls from an EX! I own an EX-T. So now I have no way of activating my heated seats and passenger's side air control. This is really ridiculous. They literally put the control panel from the wrong model on my car.

BEFORE:
Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Air Conditioner - Super Long Repair Time before

AFTER:
Honda Civic 10th gen Broken Air Conditioner - Super Long Repair Time after

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
dude...your dealer is real lame. Call Honda ASAP and have a rep see it first before the dealer fixes it again. I am sure you will get an extended warranty for this or something in leiu of. This makes my top 10.

pablidito

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
I got my car back this past Thursday (May 9) and the AC is nice and cold now. As I was driving it home, I thought something looked a little different about my dashboard. Then I realized that the buttons to turn on the heated seats were gone!! Then I realized that the knob for the passenger side of the dual zone climate control was just a fan speed control - not the knob to adjust the passenger's temperature. All of the controls on that panel had been replaced with the controls from an EX! I own an EX-T. So now I have no way of activating my heated seats and passenger's side air control. This is really ridiculous. They literally put the control panel from the wrong model on my car.

BEFORE:
before.jpg

AFTER:
after.jpg
Holy crap that is completely insane!!! I'd love to hear the dealer's explanation of that!

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

BEFORE:
before.jpg

AFTER:
after.jpg
These are all excuses but:
You have cold air for the rest of the Summer; now when you go to get your winter tires on...
Let the dealer know and he can now get the right parts in for the Fall.
Perhaps there was a parts shortage and they just wanted to "fix the problem."

Billy4202

Banned
Banned
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 BNP Touring, '07 Mercury Milan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

BEFORE:
before.jpg

AFTER:
after.jpg
What the hell! If you haven't already - reach out to Honda corporate.

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
now when you go to get your winter tires on...
Haha! I live in North Carolina. If it's bad enough to need winter tires here, people just don't drive. It only happens like once a year, and only lasts for a day or two. Then everything melts.

tacthecat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'12 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Haha! I live in North Carolina. If it's bad enough to need winter tires here, people just don't drive. It only happens like once a year, and only lasts for a day or two. Then everything melts.
Whoops - misread your location, thought you were in "The Swamp" (DC). Still remember the evening our son took us out to dinner at a fancy place in Charlotte - singing waiters and everything with significant advanced reservations. They'd had 1 - 2 inches of snow that day as we drove in off the Blue Ridge (I-81 & I-77). There was one other couple who ventured out that night and we had the entire restaurant to ourselves! Our son had a ball 'slippin' n slidin'' like he use to do back in the North - with NO traffic on the road.
Anyway hope you get your "fanny warmers" back by Winter.

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I am meeting with a Honda rep today to try to resolve these issues. Hopefully this discussion will go well!

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
Hopefully this discussion will go well!
Hopefully it isn't hard to sell the proposition that the least you can expect from a service encounter is to get your car back with all the same controls it started with.

Ryude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
At this point I would point blank tell the Honda rep I want my money back. Granted it was the dealer that really fubbed here, but still... they are an authorized dealer and service center.