Broken Air Conditioner - Super Long Repair Time

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
My god, how do they do that? That really sucks. Makes me happy that my car hasnt had any major issues. When i had my bumpers refinished and repaired due to peeling paint, i was changing my fog lights to LED 2 days after i got it back.. and i found a cigarette butt inside my bumper, right near my fog light. I flipped shit at the dealership but nobody would admit to it.

Makes me really wonder to myself how well they stand behind their product anymore. This is my 4th honda, and while my last 2 didnt have any major issues (and this one so far), im thinking this might be my last honda. Their service departments in my area have really gone downhill and the next closest one is an hour from me, and im starting to not trust them near my cars, since every time i go to one, they try to sell me some of their bullshit services. This last visit i had really tainted my view on their service department. I hope you get your car fixed, or get your money back (I'd choose the latter, this dealer you have to deal with needs to be held accountable).
Sponsored

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Modern Steel Metallic
So what happened with the Honda rep???
It went well. He said the whole situation was quite embarrassing, and they would definitely "make it right", though couldn't elaborate on what that meant at this time. I also met with the service manager and he was shocked and very apologetic that they messed up the last repair so badly. It hasn't been resolved yet, but it's moving in the right direction. Glad I escalated.

Deleted User 1886347

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It went well. He said the whole situation was quite embarrassing, and they would definitely "make it right", though couldn't elaborate on what that meant at this time. I also met with the service manager and he was shocked and very apologetic that they messed up the last repair so badly. It hasn't been resolved yet, but it's moving in the right direction. Glad I escalated.
Embarassing? Thats a huge understatement. My question is what did they do with your old panel, and how the heck did they get it mixed up? Glad you are getting somewhere though.

cabecker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III with ATP
Vehicle Showcase
Update? I'm super curious as to how this all turned out.

OP
OP

nguyer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T Modern Steel Metallic
Update? I'm super curious as to how this all turned out.
Latest update: I got my car back. AC is working great and all the controls are back ;)

The story is, they swapped out the panel with another car they had on the lot while they were trying to diagnose the issue. They happened to mess up twice, by 1) picking the wrong model car to swap with, and 2) forgetting to swap the panels back when they were done. They were quite embarrassed about that.

The dealer gave me a tank of gas and detailed the car inside and out which was a nice gesture. Honda (not the dealer) offered to reimburse me one month's payment because of all the issues, in exchange for me singing a release agreeing not to take it to court in a lemon case. Thing is, if I have any more troubles in the next 10 months, I'm pretty sure I've got a solid case on my hands. With how much trouble its given me so far, I'm not convinced this will be the last of the issues. I really pressed them, but that was the best offer they could make which was really surprising and disappointing. I'm planning on refusing the offer at this point.

cabecker01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Toyota Prius III with ATP
Vehicle Showcase
Latest update: I got my car back. AC is working great and all the controls are back ;)

The story is, they swapped out the panel with another car they had on the lot while they were trying to diagnose the issue. They happened to mess up twice, by 1) picking the wrong model car to swap with, and 2) forgetting to swap the panels back when they were done. They were quite embarrassed about that.

The dealer gave me a tank of gas and detailed the car inside and out which was a nice gesture. Honda (not the dealer) offered to reimburse me one month's payment because of all the issues, in exchange for me singing a release agreeing not to take it to court in a lemon case. Thing is, if I have any more troubles in the next 10 months, I'm pretty sure I've got a solid case on my hands. With how much trouble its given me so far, I'm not convinced this will be the last of the issues. I really pressed them, but that was the best offer they could make which was really surprising and disappointing. I'm planning on refusing the offer at this point.
I hope that this is the last of the issues. I hope American Honda rips them a new one for such a dumb mistake.
And I think you're making a good choice refusing the offer. At least under the lemon law, they might buy your car back.
I'm currently battling the startup noise issue myself. I took my 9th trip to a dealer last week.
But man, I really do hate that you're having all that trouble.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Screw that one month offer. With the issue you had, I wouldn't take the chance of things going wrong in the next 10 months. Now if they offered perhaps 3-4 months of payments that might be worth considering.

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
if they offered perhaps 3-4 months of payments that might be worth considering.
I wouldn't care what they offered, I wouldn't waive my lemon law rights. Principle of the thing.

Last edited:

xjoshuax89

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'11 CR-V SE, '16 Civic EX, '17 Civic HB ST
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I wouldn't care what they offered, I wouldn't wave my lemon law rights. Principle of the thing.
Ah misread. Thought it was to not go for lemon law within 10 months. But if its period then hell no.

puertr1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda
I have same issue 2016 civic LX a/c not working blowing warm air. after 2,000 miles, Honda technician & service manager confirm it that the a/c not working at all.
1st they said freon need to be recharged still not working, 2nd replace compressor still not working and now they said the a/c coil is not working at all. this is not GOOD... now i'm thinking about California Lemon Law. I called the Honda America Corp. 800-999-1009 i report this a/c problem to them and they gave me CASE # they will call the honda dealer and to find out what is going on.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
I have same issue 2016 civic LX a/c not working blowing warm air. after 2,000 miles, Honda technician & service manager confirm it that the a/c not working at all.
1st they said freon need to be recharged still not working, 2nd replace compressor still not working and now they said the a/c coil is not working at all. this is not GOOD... now i'm thinking about California Lemon Law. I called the Honda America Corp. 800-999-1009 i report this a/c problem to them and they gave me CASE # they will call the honda dealer and to find out what is going on.
Case numbers are like a box of chocolates...don't know what your going to get...be a forest Gump...be annoying to them and call them often, and I mean often... You will be flagged as a difficult customer and then the auto phone routing will put you on continuous hold...really true. Honda customer service agents are trained in the art of pacification...

suraiya

First Name
Suraiya
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Country flag
You can do one thing, you may contact your local ac service. I had this car too when I was in Dubai and the ac became damaged too. So I didn't contact the car repair service, I direct contacted to ac maintenance in Dubai as it was my local ac service center. Then they fixed my car's ac.
Sponsored