Broke off sensor behind rotor - what is it?

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
Was reinstalling the stock springs and broke off this sensor........What is it and is it an easy replacement?

Honda Civic 10th gen Broke off sensor behind rotor - what is it? 92697183_280666846262627_5201865269936390144_n
Sponsored

lex97h

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CIVIC SI
Country flag
That is the ABS sensor.

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Yeah what he said^^^ it’s the ABS sensor and the TPMS sensor

saiko21

First Name
Sai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Sedan (Sold) , 2005 Toyota Corolla (Sold)
Country flag
I guess you just broke the connector.

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I guess you just broke the connector.
This is a perfect example of what would happen to me on a DIY, so I go to the dealer for installs as they maintain the Honda factory warranty at my dealer for aftermarket parts as long as they installed them.

They wouldn’t warranty your aftermarket part unless you bought it thru them but will install your part with no warranty to that specific part while maintaining a warranty on anything OEM that may occur as a result of the install.

Last edited:

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
This is a perfect example of what would happen to me on a DIY, so I go to the dealer for installs as they maintain the Honda factory warranty at my dealer for aftermarket parts as long as they installed them.

They wouldn’t warranty your aftermarket part unless you bought it they them but will install your part with no warranty to that specific part while maintaining a warranty on anything OEM that may occur as a result of the install.
Interesting the dealers near me won’t even look at an aftermarket part if I brought it in lol

MoTeC R

Slow For Show
First Name
Smally
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2000 S2000 Roadster, 2019 Civic Type R, 2020 Supra
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Interesting the dealers near me won’t even look at an aftermarket part if I brought it in lol
I have to travel a bit 45 mins to get to the one nearest me that will, they have a racing team so they very familiar with the aftermarket parts and it’s worth a few extra dollars and distance for the piece of mind for me.

OP
OP
j_vang

j_vang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 SI Coupe
Country flag
Many thanks for the quick replies. Wires ripped right off because I was careless when I was separating things and didn't unplug it. Swift spring install went perfectly fine but not so much when it was time to remove and reinstall the stock springs today. In case anyone else takes the L here's the part # 57455-TGN-G51. Thankfully it just plugs in but it shares the same wire as the ADS sensor.

Last edited:

alainberni30

First Name
Alain
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
Many thanks for the quick replies. Wires ripped right off because I was careless when I was separating things and didn't unplug it. Swift spring install went perfectly fine but not so much when it was time to remove and reinstall the stock springs today. In case anyone else takes the L here's the part # 57455-TGN-G51. Thankfully it just plugs in but it shares the same wire as the ADS sensor.
So did you just buy the part and the sensor is plug and play? No reset on ECU? Or calibration? Cause the same thing happened to me and a lot of dash lights came up, and I can't go to Sport mode.

BigBart33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R
Country flag

They wouldn’t warranty your aftermarket part unless you bought it thru them but will install your part with no warranty to that specific part while maintaining a warranty on anything OEM that may occur as a result of the install.
I imagine that the cost for the repair of the ABS connection will still be significantly less than what an install of swift springs at a dealer/shop would have cost, not to mention it’s something to learn from.

socalicho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
So I just ended up doing this. Does anyone know if this connector can be re-pinned or a new harness has to be purchased? I am just looking for different options in case the local dealership has to order this harness.

GBD

First Name
Graham
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag
So I just ended up doing this. Does anyone know if this connector can be re-pinned or a new harness has to be purchased? I am just looking for different options in case the local dealership has to order this harness.
Also looking to hear if anyone has been able to fix a/out an entire harness?
Adding my name to the list who wish they unplugged it first. Shame the plug cannot be re crimped it looks like after taking it apart

socalicho

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic SI
Country flag
Also looking to hear if anyone has been able to fix a/out an entire harness?
Adding my name to the list who wish they unplugged it first. Shame the plug cannot be re crimped it looks like after taking it apart
I tried but ruined the connector trying to de-pin it. But the harness itself isn't that long and fairly easy to change out. Also, it appears to be readily available at least in California. I think it's a lot less headache just swapping it out.
Sponsored