Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT .

aravindajikumar

First Name
Aravind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 CVT
Country flag
Suggestions please .
Broke the stock bumper lip on a road trip .
Does anyone replaced with after market bumper lip ? Instead of mounting over the stock ??

Thank you

Honda Civic 10th gen Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT . PXL_20211001_192936751

Honda Civic 10th gen Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT . PXL_20211001_192942727

Honda Civic 10th gen Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT . PXL_20211001_193027490

Honda Civic 10th gen Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT . PXL_20211001_193043837

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
The stock sport/sport touring lip is actually ridiculously expensive. This is a perfect time to change out to the Si middle section/bottom grille and go with aftermarket front lip. This is a much cheaper option.

basically you DO NOT need a whole new bumper, just change the lip out.

OhMyItsKev

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
https://absdynamics.com/collections...d-type-r-style-front-front-lip-carbon-asscent

https://absdynamics.com/collections...t-front-lip-unpaint-pp?variant=32573852057679

I personally have the front lip with the carbon accent.

It doesn't fit like OEM and will take some fiddling to make it fit, but it's a good replacement if you don't want to buy the OEM front lip that'll cost you around $400.

However, I do have to let you know, the front lip makes your car quite a bit lower in the front and so you'll have to be a little bit more careful if you don't want to scrape it everywhere you go.

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
The stock sport/sport touring lip is actually ridiculously expensive. This is a perfect time to change out to the Si middle section/bottom grille and go with aftermarket front lip. This is a much cheaper option.

Did this too when I broke my lower grill. For the same price of the OEM sport lip and grill, I got the LX one and a GReddy carbon lip.

OP
OP

aravindajikumar

First Name
Aravind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 CVT
Country flag
https://absdynamics.com/collections...d-type-r-style-front-front-lip-carbon-asscent

https://absdynamics.com/collections...t-front-lip-unpaint-pp?variant=32573852057679

I personally have the front lip with the carbon accent.

It doesn't fit like OEM and will take some fiddling to make it fit, but it's a good replacement if you don't want to buy the OEM front lip that'll cost you around $400.

However, I do have to let you know, the front lip makes your car quite a bit lower in the front and so you'll have to be a little bit more careful if you don't want to scrape it everywhere you go.
But it's extra 400 have to pay for the shipping to Ontario. Checked through the site .
Thanks

OP
OP

aravindajikumar

First Name
Aravind
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback 2017 CVT
Country flag

Any specific product or link to buy .
Thank you

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Sport Touring Hatchback
Country flag
Did this too when I broke my lower grill. For the same price of the OEM sport lip and grill, I got the LX one and a GReddy carbon lip.
So a si front lip/lower grille would swap for a sport touring front lip/lower grille and fit perfect?

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag

Would this be true for a 2020 ya know?

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
So a si front lip/lower grille would swap for a sport touring front lip/lower grille and fit perfect?
Yes the Si parts will fit a sport and sport touring front bumper HATCH ONLY. I’m guessing you’re a hatch by the name anyway.
But you also have to trim a tiny bit in each wheel well liner because the Si lip doesn’t flare out like the Sport. So where the Si lip curves underneath the bumper, the wheel liners will interfere.

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yes the Si parts will fit a sport and sport touring front bumper HATCH ONLY. I’m guessing you’re a hatch by the name anyway.
But you also have to trim a tiny bit in each wheel well liner because the Si lip doesn’t flare out like the Sport. So where the Si lip curves underneath the bumper, the wheel liners will interfere.
You are correct! And thank you I will be trying this so I can swap to the mugen front lip potentially or garage 44bk!

L8apex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SGP Sport
Country flag
You are correct! And thank you I will be trying this so I can swap to the mugen front lip potentially or garage 44bk!
Actually the Mugen lip fits over the sport hatch lip as well as the Si lip. In the instructions for the Mugen lip actually has support brackets that attach to the Sport lip.

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Actually the Mugen lip fits over the sport hatch lip as well as the Si lip. In the instructions for the Mugen lip actually has support brackets that attach to the Sport lip.
Didn’t know that! Thanks brodie

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Please Check mail broski, is that the right part that I sent you?

Mrivera

First Name
Merwyn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 civic sport
Country flag
Has there been an update on this? This recently just happened to me and I wanna find a solution.
Honda Civic 10th gen Broke my stock bumper lip on 2017 HB CVT . 1A1CF548-1579-442E-AAFF-504A22A20CCC

fk8db

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Has there been an update on this? This recently just happened to me and I wanna find a solution.
1A1CF548-1579-442E-AAFF-504A22A20CCC.jpeg
Yeah I haven’t tested it myself but from reading a lot on the forums you can use the stock lip of the non sport civic n it should fit. They did say something about the si one instead which idk if it makes that much of a difference but the si’s lower grille is more open I believe. If you end up trying this lmk how it goes 🙁I pray for your civi to make a quick recovery🥺🙏🏼