Status
Not open for further replies.

CVT_Squad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 2005 Pilot 2010 Insight 1998 Civic Hatch
Country flag
Not knocking any new products just saying that for the average consumer who just wants a bit more performance a tuner is ALL that's needed, for me if I wanted a "RACE" car I would have not got a Civic unless I could afford the TypeR. I will make it fun to drive, look great and handle well though without stressing it too much.

The Type R is a limited run car, also, its still a civic. The vast majority of modded Civics in the future will end up being base Civics with 2.0t Accord swaps. Far exceeding the power that the guy who buys a Type R and drives it has. All the potential of a Type R in there in a base car.

Aftermarket parts have always been for the niche crowd. But yeah, for the guy who doesn't like to get his hands dirty a Type R is a better bet.
Sponsored

Rockstar08

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic SI and 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4
Country flag
Yes I can't wait to see what your flow numbers and dyno numbers show us! Thanks

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
will the intercooler have a plain finish like on the video, or something screen printed on it?

Much prefer plain!!

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Yes I can't wait to see what your flow numbers and dyno numbers show us! Thanks
I'm getting pretty antsy to show you guys the data! It's still in the crunching phase, but should be all processed this week!

will the intercooler have a plain finish like on the video, or something screen printed on it?

Much prefer plain!!
We're still deciding on that going forward, our samples did have our logos painted on the front and it looks sharp behind the bumper, so there's a good chance they're going to stay plain :)

-Nick

jeffbatt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan, 2000 S2000
Thanks, hope they do stay plain :)

I'm getting pretty antsy to show you guys the data! It's still in the crunching phase, but should be all processed this week!

We're still deciding on that going forward, our samples did have our logos painted on the front and it looks sharp behind the bumper, so there's a good chance they're going to stay plain :)

-Nick

DarthMinnow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Honda Civic Hatch LX CVT
Country flag
Wondering how things are going. PRL Motorsports has a full kit with new tubing. If I don't see something soon from you guys I will probably pre-order theirs.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Wondering how things are going. PRL Motorsports has a full kit with new tubing. If I don't see something soon from you guys I will probably pre-order theirs.
Things are going swimmingly actually! I'm planning on having a full update for you guys later next week, including all of our dyno data, so stay tuned for that!

-Nick

elusiveaura

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 CW CTR - 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec
Country flag
Stupid question, can we run these without a tune and thus benefit better performance or will we need a tune to run this, or the PRL intercooler systems.

17siturb0

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si sedan, 2006 civic si coupe
Stupid question, can we run these without a tune and thus benefit better performance or will we need a tune to run this, or the PRL intercooler systems.
I don’t believe it’s necessary, but as I will tell anyone, probably better idea to tune if you are going to mod your car. End of story.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I don’t believe it’s necessary, but as I will tell anyone, probably better idea to tune if you are going to mod your car. End of story.
^ What he said :D

We specifically design our parts to perform with stock equipment and on the stock tune, but it goes without saying that your car will definitely perform better with the tune, although not necessary.

-Nick
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.