Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yeah, a friend of mine keeps telling me to. May pull the trigger on black Friday ;). Was looking at 27won intake but have 2 friends with it, si and other sport touring hatch. Issues with filter and the temps are not that much better then my stock really for me to buy.
I know Ive had Injen CAI, 27Won , and PRL CAI and PRL is best for performance and everything basically
Sponsored

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Just picked mine up from UPS :headbang: I’m hoping I can I stall it this weekend.

366C294A-CD2D-4CBD-AB9E-9125FEFD6972.jpeg
Judging by the pic, I don't think you have the right adapters for the piping kit.. Those look like the adapters for use with the stock piping kit.

Or its just the pic.... Idk

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Judging by the pic, I don't think you have the right adapters for the piping kit.. Those look like the adapters for use with the stock piping kit.

Or its just the pic.... Idk
The adapters are in the box lol, i just took it out to inspect everything.

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Thoughts on the injen CAI? I have a prl street on back order currently.
Terrible fuel trims but some people can get lucky but it's because of the inconsistent maf they have designed.

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Terrible fuel trims but some people can get lucky but it's because of the inconsistent maf they have designed.
Same, mine were as high as - 16. I had a tuner try to zero it out by adjusting the AF scale or something, worked OK for a few days, then they were off again. And that is why I opted for the street version.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
Wanna start off by saying Nick@Mishimoto is #1 in my book :headbang: I finally started the install on my kit and wanna say as long as you watch there install video, your good. Long story short, got to installing the intercooler shrouds and I had 2 passenger vs 1 passenger and 1 driver. Keep in mind I also recieved the wrong color piping but was ok with that. But when I also recieved two of the same shrouds, I was pissed. Messaged Nick the next day and the man came thru with next day receiving the part I needed to finish. I will say customer service thru the forum was 10 times better then when I called and was told I had to send email with pictures and wait a couple of days to hear back. Will post more pictures of the intercooler bumper off and on.

20180913_021109.jpg

20180913_050311.jpg
Done and loving it :headbang:

20180915_014518.jpg

20180915_024637.jpg

20180915_014556.jpg

20180915_130546.jpg

20180915_130557.jpg
Yesterday took it out to get my oil change. Ambient temps 90. On interstate IAT2 temps around 14 above for high. My stock would be around 20 to 25 above. Where this proves is on WOT, did a couple of 3rd gear to 5th pulls and just watched temps go down. Consitiant drops in temps, saw down to 97. I have prl stage 1 intake, thermal exhaust, ktuner v2 vit viper stage 1, and now mishimoto intercooler kit. And after the intercooler kit, even in hot temps. The car feels soooooo good.
Happy to help! Also loving the installed photos and seeing the results!

Just picked mine up from UPS :headbang: I’m hoping I can I stall it this weekend.

366C294A-CD2D-4CBD-AB9E-9125FEFD6972.jpeg
Looking forward to seeing the installed photos! Working on getting that M stencil out to you ASAP!

-Nick

Kane666

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
@Mishimoto how much are these? id like a red piping one. is there any other kits i need to buy, charge pipe, etc or that you offer?

Jazzek

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EXT, 2003 Taco
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got this install done Sunday along with the PRL cobra intake while I was at it.
It's huge and heavy compared to stock but temps drop quick and stay pretty low even in FL heat.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D IMG_0728

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D IMG_0731

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D IMG_0732

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D IMG_0733

Wise use of existing hardware and custom parts when needed.
She needs a bath before I post a frontal ;)

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Long overdue update on IAT2 Temps. And ECT2 Temps (lower radiator heat transfer from the intercooler)

I have a prl cobra street CAI, ambient was 70° in L.A. I did 10 second pulls and then a 10 second recovery on the freeway at 70mph to 95mph, iat1 (maf sensor before intercooler) stayed between 77 & 79°, post intercooler stayed locked in at 77°, a few times it went as low as 75°

Keep in mind I'm running this on my crv, fitment is custom, I'm confident that went I get the air to focus on the intercooler while driving it'll be lower. But this is a major improvement over stock, it doesn't pull my timing anymore after 2 pulls. When idling it heatsoaks fast, but drops equally as fast when I get moving. Great product here!

Ect2 (engine coolant sensor at the bottom of the radiator).

when in high boost (24psi hondata tune) Temps went from 102° to 135°, then slowly back down to sub 110° as low as 98° a few times. When doing a 10 sec pull with stock boost targets (16psi) ect2 went up to 117° then recovered just as quick. Again, I have to find a way to completely direct all air to the intercooler so that it can cool to its intended max potential

Nick, I'm gonna need another set of air diverters.... Gonna order the red piping kit as soon as I here back from you.

I have an IG page, crv_Stormtrooper if you guys wanna know.

Its been fun Civic guys, thanks for the hospitality!

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Long overdue update on IAT2 Temps. And ECT2 Temps (lower radiator heat transfer from the intercooler)

I have a prl cobra street CAI, ambient was 70° in L.A. I did 10 second pulls and then a 10 second recovery on the freeway at 70mph to 95mph, iat1 (maf sensor before intercooler) stayed between 77 & 79°, post intercooler stayed locked in at 77°, a few times it went as low as 75°

Keep in mind I'm running this on my crv, fitment is custom, I'm confident that went I get the air to focus on the intercooler while driving it'll be lower. But this is a major improvement over stock, it doesn't pull my timing anymore after 2 pulls. When idling it heatsoaks fast, but drops equally as fast when I get moving. Great product here!

Ect2 (engine coolant sensor at the bottom of the radiator).

when in high boost (24psi hondata tune) Temps went from 102° to 135°, then slowly back down to sub 110° as low as 98° a few times. When doing a 10 sec pull with stock boost targets (16psi) ect2 went up to 117° then recovered just as quick. Again, I have to find a way to completely direct all air to the intercooler so that it can cool to its intended max potential

Nick, I'm gonna need another set of air diverters.... Gonna order the red piping kit as soon as I here back from you.

I have an IG page, crv_Stormtrooper if you guys wanna know.

Its been fun Civic guys, thanks for the hospitality!
Ever think about getting PRL’s CVT Cooler? https://prlmotorsports.com/prlmotorsports2016civic15tcvtcoolerkit.aspx#.W7iZrRZlDYU

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
Temps when freeway cruising in LA 70f night time.. M

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D 20180926_212649

Status
Not open for further replies.