OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I agree with ebatr24, the quality here is amazing, packaging was above normal, product quality is on extreme levels here.

So, I installed this on my 2017 CR-V 1.5t, same platform and engine as the civic. Hondata Tuned, max boost 24.3, Injen Cold Air intake (soon to be PRL Cobra), and RV6 Catless Downpipe.

Before install i suffered from heat soak after just one pull, it was horrible. The car would pull ignition timing as result, lowering my power and responsiveness.

Now, car pulls consistently and constantly as intended night and day. Soo happy with this purchase, my only regret was not buying the full piping kit.

Disclsimer, some mods were necessary to make this fit, but they were minimal.

In LOVE with mishimoto although I have no other product for comparison, this is soo good, that nothing else matters as far as intercoolers go.

Mishimoto, I'm in need of 2 parts, Cold Side Coupler that's used for the intercooler piping kit, and the Lower driver side silicone pipe.

Can I order just those 2 parts?

20180830_183917.jpg
Looks great, and definitely one hell of a sleeper! What sort of modifications did you need to do to make that fit in the CR-V? We knew they shared some of the intercooler components but we never had the chance to try and fit one with our kit. I'll shoot you a PM about the piping components!

The money shot

Love the CTR lip on there as well! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

20180831_155327.jpg
Finally I put it on and it was worth the wait and the money. I got the full set and you can really feel the difference. Only thing was that I order the black piping, but I received the red which is cool, is just a color. Overall, I'm in love with my purchase.

20180902_120216.jpg

20180902_120200.jpg

20180902_135552.jpg

20180901_192046.jpg
Sorry to hear we shipped out the wrong color! It looks great under the hood though! Let me know if you want to get that swapped out and we can sort something out for you!

Loving these installed photos guys!

-Nick
Sponsored

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
Well...seems like I’m on backorder for now but the person I spoke to estimated January as a ship date :dunno: hopefully I get it sooner lol

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Finally I put it on and it was worth the wait and the money. I got the full set and you can really feel the difference. Only thing was that I order the black piping, but I received the red which is cool, is just a color. Overall, I'm in love with my purchase.

20180902_120216.jpg

20180902_120200.jpg

20180902_135552.jpg

20180901_192046.jpg
I think I have your black piping :hmm: I ordered the red piping and recieved the black piping. Oh well, hopefully can install this weekend. The black intercooler looks really good and no shipping damage.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D 20180907_093303

heyheyfu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic hatchback sport 2017 6-MT
Country flag
I think I have your black piping :hmm: I ordered the red piping and recieved the black piping. Oh well, hopefully can install this weekend. The black intercooler looks really good and no shipping damage.

20180907_093303.jpg
Post pic after install! Really wish the black intercooler have the M.

fabster22

First Name
Fabian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hatchback Sport 6MT , 2018 Accord Lx
Country flag
I originally ordered the silver one but since it was out of stock they were able to send me the black one with the red piping (great customer service btw) and The dude I spoke to on the phone said they could send me the “m” separately since the black Intercooler doesn’t have it! Mine should be here Monday :headbang:

Tahjo7

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic hatch
Country flag
I concur their customer service is easily the best I've ever had, anywhere, especially online via emails. I'm 35 BTW, 20 years customer service experience here.
Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D 20180909_230320

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Will do, been so busy with work. Gonna start at least with taking the front bumper off tonight after work. Should have on by Thursday or Friday to post.

OP
OP
Mishimoto

Mishimoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR #1254
Country flag
I originally ordered the silver one but since it was out of stock they were able to send me the black one with the red piping (great customer service btw) and The dude I spoke to on the phone said they could send me the “m” separately since the black Intercooler doesn’t have it! Mine should be here Monday :headbang:
I concur their customer service is easily the best I've ever had, anywhere, especially online via emails. I'm 35 BTW, 20 years customer service experience here.
20180909_230320.jpg
Much appreciated guys! I'll make sure to pass the word along to our customer service team!

Will do, been so busy with work. Gonna start at least with taking the front bumper off tonight after work. Should have on by Thursday or Friday to post.
Looking forward to seeing the installed photos!

-Nick

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
Wanna start off by saying Nick@Mishimoto is #1 in my book :headbang: I finally started the install on my kit and wanna say as long as you watch there install video, your good. Long story short, got to installing the intercooler shrouds and I had 2 passenger vs 1 passenger and 1 driver. Keep in mind I also recieved the wrong color piping but was ok with that. But when I also recieved two of the same shrouds, I was pissed. Messaged Nick the next day and the man came thru with next day receiving the part I needed to finish. I will say customer service thru the forum was 10 times better then when I called and was told I had to send email with pictures and wait a couple of days to hear back. Will post more pictures of the intercooler bumper off and on.

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D 20180913_021109

Honda Civic 10th gen Bring a Jacket: Mishimoto’s Honda Civic 1.5L Turbo Performance Intercooler R&D 20180913_050311

Chris3k2

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
dude that black looks sick and seems well hidden. I really like the look. congrats. have you had a chance to compare the difference in temps between stock and the mishimoto?

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
dude that black looks sick and seems well hidden. I really like the look. congrats. have you had a chance to compare the difference in temps between stock and the mishimoto?
Yesterday took it out to get my oil change. Ambient temps 90. On interstate IAT2 temps around 14 above for high. My stock would be around 20 to 25 above. Where this proves is on WOT, did a couple of 3rd gear to 5th pulls and just watched temps go down. Consitiant drops in temps, saw down to 97. I have prl stage 1 intake, thermal exhaust, ktuner v2 vit viper stage 1, and now mishimoto intercooler kit. And after the intercooler kit, even in hot temps. The car feels soooooo good.

Last edited:

LilToTo17

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
Vehicle(s)
98 Civic EX with SI Conversion-Sold, 2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yesterday took it out to get my oil change. Ambient temps 90. On interstate IAT2 temps around 14 above for high. My stock would be around 20 to 25 above. Where this proves is on WOT, did a couple of 3rd gear to 5th pulls and just watched temps go down. Consitiant drops in temps, saw down to 97. I have prl stage 1 intake, thermal exhaust, ktuner v2 vit viper stage 1, and now mishimoto intercooler kit. And after the intercooler kit, even in hot temps. The car feels soooooo good.
You need the PRL CAI now

KnoxTn17Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si sedan
Country flag
You need the PRL CAI now
Yeah, a friend of mine keeps telling me to. May pull the trigger on black Friday ;). Was looking at 27won intake but have 2 friends with it, si and other sport touring hatch. Issues with filter and the temps are not that much better then my stock really for me to buy.
Sponsored

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.