10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Just wanted to get some inslight I heard the brembo calipers off the genesis hyundai fits on our civics, is this true ? Also do the type r brembos bolt up ? Probably cost more just cause it’s off a type r. I’ve seen some threads on this, but i want some reassurance on my own thread. Thanks in advance
Sponsored

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag
Yes. They did use Brembo calipers from the Genesis and rotor discs from the Nissan Rogue with a 3rd row seat.
Cool so essentially I can go get the rotors for a Nissan rouge. Calipers and pads from genesis, and anything else ?

st4xor

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan
Build Thread
Link
Country flag

OP
OP
10thgenSIcoupeBLK

10thgenSIcoupeBLK

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10th gen Civic si coupe
Country flag

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
Type R BBKs won't bolt up.

The Genesis Brembos do work, but you'll need to get the brackets and separate rotors. They also are pretty big, so you might run into clearance issues with certain wheels.

We do have some other commercial options for BBK: 27Won, Wilwood 4piston or Wilwood 6 piston.

Read that the 6piston Wilwood ones will work with stock Si wheels w/o any spacers!

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I know this is an old thread but can anyone confirm if its the front or rear genesis brembo calipers you are using? ive seen both side by side and the mounting holes are the same. So I'm just wondering which ones are being used and if it would help with wheel clearance issues if you used the rears instead of the fronts

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I know this is an old thread but can anyone confirm if its the front or rear genesis brembo calipers you are using? ive seen both side by side and the mounting holes are the same. So I'm just wondering which ones are being used and if it would help with wheel clearance issues if you used the rears instead of the fronts
It's definitely the front ones being used. You can see the rears are smaller than the fronts:

Honda Civic 10th gen Brembo calipers on civic si IMG_9024__12648.1605280975

abracadaniel_

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si coupe pwp
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's definitely the front ones being used. You can see the rears are smaller than the fronts:

IMG_9024__12648.1605280975.jpg
Thank you they both look like they mount the same but I just wondered if using rears would help the wheel clearance issue too?

fenix-silver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Si
Country flag
Thank you they both look like they mount the same but I just wondered if using rears would help the wheel clearance issue too?
I assume the rears require a MUCH smaller rotor and pad, so your braking power would suck.

arpypat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Build Thread
Link
Vehicle Showcase
I assume the rears require a MUCH smaller rotor and pad, so your braking power would suck.
Interestingly enough, I looked up rear rotor size for Genesis Coupe w/ rear Brembo BBK, and it was listed at 13" (330mm). Front rotors are 13.4" (340mm). Not too big of a difference there, but the pad will definitely be smaller judging from the visual difference in size.

The Si front rotors are 12.3" (~312mm) from the factory.
Sponsored