CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 honda civic type r and a 2013 chevy silverado hd
Country flag
Dose any one know if Brembo makes a kit to fit the rear? In my opinion it makes the car look cheep with the crappy brakes in the back, would look much better if it matched the front i tried searching but no luck
Sponsored

GSquared

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type-R (SGP), 2017 Civic Type-R (PMM - SOLD), 2015 Civic Si (Sold), 2013 Si Turbo (Sold)
Country flag
OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
in easy terms, I want the rear to look like the front !!!! rotors calipers i was just wondering if Brembo made a kit for the rear or if some one tried making something work ?

jpmelfi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTR #706, 07 S2k
Country flag
in easy terms, I want the rear to look like the front !!!! rotors calipers i was just wondering if Brembo made a kit for the rear or if some one tried making something work ?
I agree! It does kind of cheapen the look of the car, that being said I feel like Honda went with function over form. The car is so heavily front biased in terms of braking, that the added cost most likely would have changed nothing in terms of braking performance.

yargk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Type R, '16 GT4, '19 GSW 4motion 6mt
Country flag
I agree! It does kind of cheapen the look of the car, that being said I feel like Honda went with function over form. The car is so heavily front biased in terms of braking, that the added cost most likely would have changed nothing in terms of braking performance.
This. The car already out-brakes the competition, it's quite impressive actually.

baldheadracing

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FK8
Country flag
Probably Brembo pads in the rear, as the front uses Brembo-labelled pads.

In any case, it isn't so much the manufacturer as the fixed caliper look. No doubt there will be an aftermarket fixed caliper system for the rear soon enough, although integrating an aftermarket caliper with the parking brake might be tricky.

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any update on this?
Rear matching caliper would be a nice upgrade.
Don’t think so. The issue is the electric parking brake.

CTR1633FK2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Type R Fk2 + Civic Type R Fk8
Country flag
Maybe you can add an extra caliper and keep the original for parking brake only.

Type-JZ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Lexus GS350, B13 Sentra SE-R, '93 Camry, '07 TSX, '13 Odyssey
Country flag
I agree. Besides the look, there is such as as performance. In this case, brake performance and brake bias. If you had the money, you could modify the same calipers/rotors in the front to fit the rear. Or figure out a Brembo caliper part number that would fit the rear. This would heavily throw off your bias if your simply just slapping parts on and not doing calculations. You'd probably also need a new master cylinder and possibly a booster.
If you don't care about performance and strictly for looks, you could buy those fake brembo caliper covers. =)

https://www.ebay.com/i/262516291892?chn=ps

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Maybe you can add an extra caliper and keep the original for parking brake only.
I'm sure there are lot of options if someone really wants to do it and has plenty of money to burn.

OP
OP
CivicR316

CivicR316

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
if any one has a solution to brembo rear kit id be interested as in my eyes it makes the car look cheep if they matched it i think it would look lots better

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if any one has a solution to brembo rear kit id be interested as in my eyes it makes the car look cheep if they matched it i think it would look lots better
What are you willing to spend?
Sponsored